Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Daylilies of summer and some pics for Jean

celeste/NH
11 years ago

Here are some more pictures from this past summer and some of ZEUS that I promised Jean I'd post.

I only have a couple still blooming...just rebloom on Bridgeton Elegance and the last of the lates, Pumpkin Time, Final Frontier and Bridgeton Ivy League. It is going to be July before I see daylilies again...boohoo.

Celeste

ZEUS enjoys catnip so much he eats it then rolls in it...LOL

Look at the smile on his face!

He looks stoned here...haha

DESTINED TO SEE

CAROLINA SUNRISE

CIRCUS PERFORMER

LIGHTS OF DETROIT (very flat-faced flowers)

CHINESE SCRIBE

RED EYED FANTASY

HEAVENLY DOPPLAR EFFECT

MARIETTA WARRIOR

LAKE OF FIRE

EMMA'S GREEN GIANT

SIR MODRED

Comments (10)

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

What a lovely group of flowers! I'm going to choose CAROLINA SUNRISE as my favorite - love those warm colors. Zeus looks very pleased with himself - such a happy kitty.

Kathy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Never disappointed with your posts--they are all beautiful and I love looking at them. Naturally, Destined To See is a favorite, and I do like Carolina Sunrise, don't recall seeing that one but my memory is not the greatest. Fab color on Marietta Warrior and Sir Mordred does look close to black. Of course, the star of the show is Zeus, he is totally lovely. Be careful, you might have to put him in rehab after overdosing on catnip LOL. Avedon

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

I like Red Eyed Fantasy. I tried to grow it once, but I had only gotten one fan and it didn't make it. I really have to try it again some time, but remember to order it in the spring, not late.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Thank you CELESTE for posting some pictures of zeus.I always look for a picturer of him, he is soo pretty.Pi cture 2 looks like he may have a oversode of catnip, a litle drunk :)). He is so sweet/ now the daylilies are all gorgeous, too. I love DESTINED TO SEE and CHINESE SCRIBE, and MARIETTS WARRIOR IS GORGWOUS, TOOO. and SIR MODRED looks almost black, very pretty one.

Jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos, Celeste. I especially like Destined to See and Red Eyed Fantasy, but all are lovely.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I too love the photo of DESTINED TO SEE. Wow, it sure had many buds. All very nice.

Julia

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU for the positive comments everyone.
    Zeus recuperated from his catnip 'high' and is snoozing on my lap as I type.
    I forgot to mention that the bud count on Destined to See was incredible this year and Julia noticed that. If you look closely at the photo you will see that 2 of the blooms are polys. I had an unusually high number of polys this year.
    Thanks again for taking the time to look & comment.

Celeste

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

So nice to see daylilies when they've pretty much stopped in the garden. All of yours look good, but DESTINED TO SEE and EMMA'S GREEN GIANT are my favorites.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Zeus is such a cutie and he really seems to know it. Daylilies are gorgeous. A fond memory of summer around here as they are long done blooming.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Celeste, I have came back to this post about 20 times, just to look at the pictures of ZEUS, he is soo pretty.he has the m ost beautiful hair, fur on him, it just shines.

jean

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County