Insider Trading

Hearts of Fire

Paint The Town Red

Maurauder

Reason For Treason

Red Hill

Rocket Blast

Velvet Eyes

And last but not least, my very favorite red BETTY FORD.

Comments (11)

• wren_garden
    15 years ago

THANKS Rita, I did ask for other suggestions in my post. Particularly Lates. The reds I listed are on my final list but are heavily loaded at the Early end. I have velvet eyes just planted this fall.Betty Ford and Reason for Treason I will look into for sure. Between your post and mine I should get a lot of great ideas. Elizabeth

• jan53_2008
    15 years ago

Rita, I love all of your reds...but Rocket Blast is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the "muted" eye that goes into the daylily so gradually. It looks like two tones of velvet blended together, to me, at least. Red is my color, so I would have all of them in a minute, but the Rocket Blast really caught my eye because it is unusual and different than most. Thanks again for beautiful pics to look at and make my list for next year!! Jan G.

• jean_ar
    15 years ago

Wow, Rita, you have some gorgeous reds.I love CARNAVAL IN BRAZIL.Thats a beautiful DL.INSIDER TRADING is a real beauty, too.Hope my HEARTS OF FIRE will looks as pretty as yours this spring. Love, Love that Lush Red of MAURAUDER.
    RICKET BLAST is SOO pretty and looks like it has a thin wire edge around the peddles.So pretty,and BETTY FORD is breathtakingly beautiful.Wow,shes so gorgeous.I just love all these reds.I have really injoyed looking at this posting with all these beauties.

Jean

• berrytea4me
    15 years ago

Hmm I replied yesterday but it isn't here??

Well, here goes again. Rita, these are gorgeous. I especially like BETTY FORD and INSIDER TRADING. They just might have to go onto my "want" list which is already larger than my yard...:)

I'm waiting for first bloom on seedlings out of HEARTS OF FIRE and REASON FOR TREASON so you have me even more anxious for next year to roll around.

• carefreeplants_2008
    15 years ago

Love those reds!

Betty Ford, Reason for Treason and Rocket Blast are just gorgeous. List keeps getting longer.

I have a little red one blooming right now, with so many buds (from Maryott's, of course):

Lil' Red Wagon

Bj

• tepelus
    15 years ago

My favorite red this year was Invitation To Immortality, of the ones that bloomed anyway. Some hadn't bloomed, all are new this year, and have to wait until next year to see. I really like Rocket Blast and Velvet Eyes. Here's ITI:

• jean_ar
    15 years ago

Well I meant Rocket Blast in above reply.I am bad about hitting wrong keys lately. These other Reds are gorgeous, too Lil Red Wagon and Invitation to Immortality. Beautiful dark reds.

Jean

• Edward_Kimball
    15 years ago

Hi Rita,

How did Fear Not and Soul on Fire do this year? They are two of your reds that I am most interested in. I am on a waiting list for Fear Not, and Soul on Fire is currently the top of my wish list.

Edward

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Did very well. Both are reblooming now and both had blooms yesterday. Have not looked yet today. They are really pretty flowers and I have them planted in my terraces garden here so I can see them really well.

• farmerbell
    15 years ago

How wonderful to see that someone still has SO many blooming. Carnival in Brazil and Betty Ford are my favorites with those watermarks. I'll bet they all really show well from a distance. Congratulations on such beauties.

Ann

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ann- Mine at least, are not blooming now. I recyled those picxture taken in the summer because a recent post was asking for information about reds. So I thought I would show some of my favorites from this summer.