Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late Bloomers

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 11:42

So everybody is saying, "seen these before" but I thought they looked so good this morning, might be worth seeing again. Wild Horses is the big surprise, putting up a rebloom scape so late. Beautiful Edgings is still going. On that one scape that is winding down, I have the bud count up to 58, and that should be it, unless BE surprises me by managing more buds. Avedon

Sept 16 L O Crush

Leebea Orange Crush thought the color looked really good this morning. It is cloudy and overcast and starting to drizzle rain.

Sept 16 Final Touch

Final Touch still more buds on this one

Sept 16 B Edgings

Beautiful Edgings still with beautiful flowers--if the weather stays mild, will have more blooms

Sept 18 Wild Horses

Wild Horses--can't believe this one having such a late scape==love the flowers, and hope the plant finally does more next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late Bloomers

We love to see them again! Lovely!

o

Does anyone have any experience with the late bloomer Sun Temple Spirit (Hansen, 1994)? I just ordered it for my garden and was looking for other opinions.

o

Nice late bloom. Your Beautiful Edgings is amazing.
Val

o

All beautiful, but especially like Wild Horses.
kay

o

They are all gorgeous blooms.Very pretty WILD HORSES, too But BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS is my favorite one.its just always a beauty.

jean

o

Beautiful Edgings is having a great run in your garden. Wild Horses is lovely. It's never rebloomed for me. The place it's planted gets more and more shade as the summer wears on.

Debra

o

Wild Horses is not giving up in your garden. I should check mine LOL.
Thanks for posting pics. Always good to see blooms still going on.

Julia

o

I'm happy for you that you have rebloom. It is always exciting and they look great. I hope you have good news about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Celeste

o

They all look great, and I especially like Wild Horses and Beautiful Edgings. I wish my WH rebloomed :))
BE is still going here too, opened a flower today, but it is SO cold, there is no chance that flower ever opens fully

o

Great to see them again, especially Beautiful Edgings, what a great DL.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here