Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smithaven1

Looking for Betty Harwood 2005 intros

smithaven
15 years ago

Does anyone know where one can obtain some, or all, of Betty Harwood's 2005 intros? They include:

BOUNCING GAZELLE

CAMERON JANSSENS

DOTTIE KIEL

ELIZABETH FELLEMAN

ELLIES LATE SHOW

ERIK FEIG

GEORGE FELLEMAN

JAMIE HAMMEL

JEWELED TASSELS

MY HEART SINGS

NOLA SAFRO

SUSANNA ALL AGLOW

VICTOR HARWOOD

WICKED WINK

Any info would be appreciated.

Brian

Comments (4)

• ladylovingdove
    15 years ago

Here is a link to her Picture Trail gallery. There is an email address there. You can email and ask.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/9359219

And here is a link to the Hybridizers Corner which lists many hybridizers and a link to them.

http://www.abacom.com/chacha/gardenHybridC.htm

Dot

• lynxe
    15 years ago

I can tell you categorically that they are not available commercially at this time. It's always possible that that could change....who knows? Perhaps next year, or the year after. One never knows. But you cannot buy them now. As for the email address, Betty Harwood sold her place in New Jersey and moved to NYC a couple of years ago. That may be her current email address, but she no longer has a garden or nursery. Trust me....I spoke with her two years ago, and the plants weren't available then. Believe me, I tried my best, too. :))) In fact, I just won her CLARISSA'S CHARISMA at one of my local club auctions. This was, maybe still is, her club, and the intros went up 2000 or thereabouts. So even the local club could not get any of the '05s. Someone apparently has some and presumably will be offering them at some point in the future....I'm sorry, I have his name here somewhere or other, but I don't know what I did with it. I'll email you if I can find it.

• smithaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lynxe, thank you for your enlightening post on the status of Betty and her intros. It is much appreciated.

• xlinda8818
    10 years ago

This is an old thread, but I was sad to read of Betty's passing on July 17 of 2011. She had such beautiful gardens, with so many different mature trees, all planted by her and her husband.

Before moving to NYC in 2006, she donated hundreds of her flowers to make a garden at Ellis Island. I have fond memories of the annual daylily club meetings that she graciously held at her home. A wonderful woman.