Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another question.

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 18:31

Edward answered my last question I had, and now I have another question I hope some one can answer for me, what is meant by Polychrome. I see it all the time, describimg a daylily, but just what does it mean?

jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another question.

I'm not sure I can put it into words well enough, but it is a daylily that blends at least two colors, no definite lines. I've only seen it referred to in pink/yellow, but there are probably others. I have Skipjack that I think is considered a polychrome.

Skipjack photo 104_3765.jpg

o

Thank you Nancy and that picture is a beautiful bloom.I love that one, and its considered a polychrome?

any one else want to answer the question, too?

Nancy, That is SKIPJACK? in your picture? its really a beauty,I love it.

jean

o

Skipjack is beautiful!
That's how I understand it too, like Nancy described. Poly chrome - many colors. Like it will be a light yellow with a little bit of light pink in the petal, maybe lighter yellow or off white. I have one, it has yellow petals with pinkish midribs, something like that.

o

OK. Thank you very much, Both of you.well,I kept seeing it all the time, describing certain daylilies and never knew what it meantEven looking in the daylily journals, never found what it is.

jean

o

That is Skipjack in the photo, Jean. I looked on Tinkers site & they don't mention it being a polychrome, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere, maybe when I bought it. Skipjack is an oldie & one of the first daylilies I got. A couple of years ago I thought I lost it to rot, every year I lose at least 2 to rot after they finish blooming. I had a nice clump of Skipjack, but only have 1 fan now that survived. I've been babying it, love the color.
This year I don't think I've lost a single plant to rot! Of course, we've had a wonderful summer, I don't think temps got over 93, hardly out of the 80s all summer. And lots & lots of rain. My daylilies have done well, but some of my bulbs aren't so happy. I dug some daffs to divide & spread around, found lots of rotted bulbs :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here