Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Intelligent Design blooming today : D

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 18:47

Surprise, INTELLIGENT DESIGN braved the cold and opened today. When I saw the rebloom scape come up, I really didn't think it would open very good. But judge for yourself. Took almost till noon when it fully opened. What a trooper.
And the scape height is approximately 28 inches.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Intelligent Design blooming today : D

Beautiful, Julia. that's a favorite.
kay

o

WOW JULIA; And its a real beauty, too,Love it.Guess it dont mind the cold tempatures.Its been down in the mid 40's a couple times here at night.but not cooler in day time. no lower then mid 80's, was upper 80's today,and they say will be 90 tomorrow again.

jean

o

It sure is pretty! It especially looks nice with the blue flowers next to it.

Rena'

o

Brave little thing-if your weather has been like ours-it's been cold at night.

o

Yes, it has been very cool here over the past couple of days. Thank goodness no frost yet but that wind sure made it feel like we were in the 30's. Today, we get up into the 70's again.

Julia

o

Julia, INTELLIGENT DESIGN is beautiful and opened extremely well for the conditions.
Kathy

o

Lovely flower, Julia, know you were so happy to see it looking so pretty this late in the season. I have been trying to figure out what the blue/purple flower is growing with it--is it lavender, is it veronica, what is it??? Avedon

o

Avedon: It is called Veronica Royal Candle. Hopefully it will winter over here okay.

Julia

o

Intelligent Design is such a pretty one and a good opener for late bloom. Your Veronica is very pretty. My Sunny Border Blue Veronica died during the 110 degree temps this summer.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here