Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ledgewood calico blues / alien invader in the north

Posted by spiderjoe (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 18:55

I have had Ledgewood Calico Blues growing in my garden for three year. In those three years i have had no bloom. The plant has grown into a nice clump, but no bloom.

Anyone else grow it in the north? I has been said that Crystal Blue Persuasion is a terrible preformer in the north and Wildest Dreams is kinda marginal.

Have had Alien Invader for two years and it has bloomed nicely every year. Lots of buds, but it seems that AI's pollen is weak because last year i spread it around the garden and got no pod's.

Should i throw calico blues in the ditch or give it another year or two?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ledgewood calico blues / alien invader in the north

Hi Joe,
I've had Ledgewood Calico Blues since 2010. It has never bloomed for me either. The plant looks really good right now with nice foliage. Considering the lack of moisture we have had this summer that is amazing. But no blooms isn't good. I have a note from spring 2011 that it didn't look happy, I am guessing it doesn't like the winter too much. I think I will try mulching it well this year and see what happens. I hate to do that but it is worth a try. Mine is in a garden that is fairly exposed to the winds and I have trouble keeping snow there. I haven't had trouble with anything else there though and everything is relative!
I see it is out of Wildest Dreams( although I find that hard to believe). I have never had great luck with it either Hmm!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here