Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

I'm seeing several scapes-so late

Nancy
11 years ago

The temps have really gotten fall like the last few days & more of the same weather expected this week with even the possibility of light scattered frost later in the week. I'm getting several scapes now, probably won't get to see anything bloom. One of my new daylilies I just got from Maryott set up a scape. I think I will go ahead & cut it off. Siloam Virginia Henson is still blooming, Westbourne Homestead is reblooming, not a lot of buds on it but nice to see some blooms. Raspberry Pixie is blooming again, not listed as a rebloomer, but it has bloomed off & on all summer long this year. Mal has a rebloom scape & probably will get to see a few blooms from it, & Wild Horses has a couple of rebloom scapes that will probably have time to bloom. This will be its 2nd set of rebloom scapes. Better Believe it & Lotus Position have several scapes each, neither are supposed to be rebloomers. I'll be surprised if they make it to bloom, maybe I should go ahead & cut the scapes. Jim Brown has had rebloom scapes for a couple of weeks. It did that in the spring, it was the first one to show scapes this spring, but just sat there & several other daylilies got scapes & bloomed before it did.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm