Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More rebloom scapes coming up :-)

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 19:20

Today I was moving VICTORIAN LACE (last chance move) and I spotted rebloom scape on both UP MILL CREEK, CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR and LESLIE RENEE. I also saw that ALABAMA WILDFIRE has a scape coming up. I started checking my Hanson dls and sure enough SECRETS AND LIES has a scape coming up.

Now, this is truly amazing. I thought I would be all done by now but I guess it isn't over till the first frost hits.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More rebloom scapes coming up :-)

I'm seeing a few scapes too, hurray! Siloam Virginia Hensen is blooming now, probably as well as it bloomed the first time. Most though,I'm just seeing a single scape. I'll take it though!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 21:24

I think next year may be a huge disappointment compared to this year. I spotted a new scape on Mary's Baby yesterday. This is September folks, and Mary's Baby is in part shade underneath my back porch to keep the rust at bay (protecting it from sprinklers/rain). No rust so far (and I do mean so far), but a new scape in this unlikeliest of places. Can someone explain all this to me? Why so many reblooms this year?.....Maryl

o

Wow, nice! More flowers to come. I had 4 reblooming in August incl. one now, all with one scape, and I thought it was great :) Never happened here before

o

Well, i think that is great you all having reblooms.I am hoping I get a few more too, but, doubt it happens.I guess if you NOT looking for them, is when you find some. well,I love it, hopefully that means more pictures to see :)

jean

o

I have some rebloom scapes coming up, and I don't know if they will make it to bloom. All of this heavy rain seems to have popped up more scapes. Let's just hope for a late frost!! Why not, everything else has been so crazy.
Cindy

o

Wow, and this late in the year. My daylilies are doing absolutely nothing now.

o

I'm not guessing anything on the weather. We too have been getting one rain storm after the other the past few days and what a drastic temperature drop. Had to pull my fleece out :O.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here