Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New daylilies and garden stuff

Posted by dlpsych 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 19:23

I did make it to Curt Hanson's this past July and was able to bring back several wonderful new daylilies. I was on a mission to get Wayne's World and was successful!!Here is Waynes' World in his garden.
Photobucket
I also impulsed bought Shadow Cabinet and First Officer's Log. They were gorgeous. ( sorry, no pics of those ) I wanted a nice yellow, and added Slice of Life and then as a bonus I got Fun in Acapulco.!!
Photobucket
Here are my daylilies waiting to go home! Check out the clump at the left!! 14 fans of First Officer's Log!!
Photobucket
Here is Curt digging in the gardens.
Photobucket
After the Convention, I ordered from Ashwood Gardens, and received Pigment of Imagination, Underneath the Ice, and Ashwood Inferno was sent as a bonus!!!
Photobucket
I also had received my daylily labels, and am almost done!
It was so much fun setting out the new labels!
Photobucket
I 'created' a new bottle tree!! The colored bottles are solar, and I had intended to put them on the bottle tree, but the battery compartment is on the bottom and I thought they would last longer if I hung them from a tree. They are really cool, and last a long time with a colorful glow. The solar panel is in the bottle, so it can't be seen. I added a few wine bottles too!! Good use of a nice wine bottle.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Chicago Apache was a nice late bloomer.
Photobucket
Oh, and just for Jean, a pic of Bowie, enjoying the garden bench!! Thanks for looking! Cindy
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New daylilies and garden stuff

The daylilies, the bottle tree and the labels are all nice but nothing compares to Bowie. That is just the sweetest-looking face, so blissful and content lying on the bench without a worry in the world. Adorable!

Celeste

o

Wow, great daylilies. But I truely love the picture of Bowie the best. He is just having the greatest snooze.

o

OH CINY THANK you for posting the picture of BOWIE. I just love him, hes so sweet looking, the sweetest little face on him and he is sleeping do soundly. I always look for a picture of him wiht he blooms.CHICAGO APACHE is so pretty. and I like your new bottle tree.AND I really like them cool looking labesl. Sure wish I had some like them.VERY Nice.

Jean

o

Bowie sure looks comfortable, you sure are going to be busy with planting and setting out all of your new markers.
What a neat idea for your bottles I love it.
Linda

o

Lovely blooms. Looks like you got another great selection of dls. Love the pic of Bowie. So sweet.
What made you change your tags to engraved ones? They look really nice.
I've not seen the lighted solar bottles but what an unusual item.

Julia

o

Super nice fans! Love Chicago Apache. I had to leave it behind when we moved.

Where did you get the labels? Solar bottles?

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here