Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
J. Davisson Daylilies Have Arrived

Posted by Avedon 8a (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 20:21

Today was like Christmas when I looked in the mail box and there was our DL order from Judy Davisson. She sent 4 huge plants,three I ordered and a bonus plant, which I did not expect. I received Mr. Butters, Rambunctious Rosie, In My Pink High Heels, and bonus plant Part Time Princess. Really happy about that, since PT Princess is pink and will be planted next to IMP High Heels. I think PT Princess blooms first, and then IMPHigh Heels comes next. Well, hope to find out next year. I am posting a pic of the plants soaking in our work sink. They are so large, they take up one side of the sink. Avedon

J. Davisson daylilies

Oh, here's a little something extra--our red spider lilies are blooming now, nice color.

Red Spider Lilies Sept 2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: J. Davisson Daylilies Have Arrived

Lovely big plants, Julia and bonuses are great...once you figure out where to plant them.

Surprise lilies are hard to beat. Mine were well past peak when we got home from vacation, but the butterflies were all over them. Did the butterflies love yours too?
kay

o

wow, avedon, looks like you got some real nice big plants.now the fun starts to get them planted. I have them spider lilies blooming too. a few in the front yard and a batch in the back yard,and I never planted none of them.They are pretty,and I like them.

jean

o

I wish they were mine but alas, it is not :-(. Judy sends very large plants. Just give RR alot of room. Looking forward to your pics next year.

Julia

o

Aren't Judy's plants wonderful? If they do as well for you as they have done for me, you will be very pleased1 If there was enough room here, I'd grow all of hers. They do that well!
A few weeks ago, I lifted and divided MEAN GREEN for the first time since getting it when it first came out. (I had donated two double fans to Regional meetings I'd attended, and also wanted to give a piece to a friend.) Was worried that I wouldn't have much left over after taking 6 fans off, but there are at least 8 fans left! Great plant.

o

Avedon,
You are gong to have some gorgeous pics next year!
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 14:09

Those are really nice fans. I looked at her website but didn't have the password to see her 2013 introductions. From what I saw she mostly specialiazes in UF's. Pretty colors. I've posted her website for those that are interested.....Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Judy Davisson daylilies

o

Great looking plants! Can't wait to see your pictures next year.
Val

o

Great looking plants! Can't wait to see your pictures next year.
Val

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here