Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Sharing more of the Very Lates

celeste/NH
9 years ago

I just posted about my favorites of the very late blooming daylilies in my gardens but wanted to give equal time to the others that are putting on a show now. All of these are nice, productive daylilies for the late to very late season.

Celeste

(VT) BRIDAL LILAC

FALLEN LEAVES
A Solaris intro. Last year it was more orange-hued. This year the coloration was more subtle.

(VT) SEPTEMBER ROSE ROSY

THE JURY'S OUT
This one puts up tons of scapes and has amazing bud count that just goes on for weeks on end.

FAREWELL BOUQUET

(VT) CAMEO APPEARANCE

(VT) FONDLY KIN

OCEAN PEARL

LATE AGAIN, brand new this year

(VT) SPUN SUGAR

OLALLIE KEITH

(VT) SEPTEMBER STAR

EARLY FALL IN THE GARDEN

BRIDGETON IVY LEAGUE, last blooms with the phlox

zinnias still blooming

Last bloom on Laura Harwood.....

Rebloom on Forsyth Flying Dragon

Rebloom on Laughing Lion....

Last Blooms on Frank's Star of Bethlehem.....(latest ever!)

PURPLE GRASSHOPPER, almost done....

the VERY LATEST blooming daylily AWARD go to: FINAL FRONTIER. It had it's ffo on September 8th and will continue right through the end of September into October.

Comments (9)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks, Celeste, for posting more pics! I was drawn to Ocean Pearl, liked the different coloring. OMG, Forsyth Flying Dragon is a show stopper! Also drawn to Late Again and Final Frontier. As usual all are great! I still have some Happy Returns in my garden and one has finally sent up 3 rebloom scapes. The high today west of Chicago was 51 degrees. The lows this week are forecasted in the forties here. That should put an end to most things. My impatience really looked sad this morning.

Sherry

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Wow, Beauties again. sure like BRIDIAL LILAC., very pretty, and the jury's out is a pretty one, too.I find most yellows are very good bloomers.That HIBISCUS is a pretty one, too and I always love ZINNIA's,I still have one blooming here and there tat aint fried yet.Just love LAURA HARWOOD. that is a beauty.and them SUNFLOWERS I love. I usually got some blooming every year too, but, not this year..Thank you for posting your photos for us to injoy,and I really injoy them. all of mine are finished for the year.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Laughing Lion, Fallen Leaves, and Olallie Keith all piqued my interest. I much prefer your photos that show the entire plant or at least part of it; big close-ups tend to distort perspective.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Wonderful blooms again. Wow, the size of the bloom on Forsyth Flying Dragon, it must really get a lot of attention. They are all so pretty, hard to really pick a favorite, but I think Fallen Leaves might be it. Love those garden shots. I planted zinnias but they didn't come up. Or maybe I pulled them up thinking they were weeds :(

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

A lot of lovelies. I was struck by Forsyth Flying Dragon, and Fallen Leaves is a really pretty one too. I have phlox like yours blooming, but no daylilies around it, so it isn't so pretty.

Zinnias are everywhere, since they come up from past years. The butterflies like them, and even the hummers are fans. Your garden is very pretty, and I always love garden pics.
    kay

• shive
    9 years ago

Very nice lates! I think Fallen Leaves is my favorite of these. Falrwell Bouquet looks a lot like Last Chance for Romance, my latest late.

Debra

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    9 years ago

Celeste, as another Granite Stater, I've been so appreciative of all of your posts. I'm a bit of a lurker here as I just started purchasing daylilies......again. I went through a daylily phase a number of years ago, but this year really fell in love with them all over again. It has been so helpful to see what you're doing well with, and especially all of your late bloomers. That is what I am lacking in the garden right now. Thank you very much for posting so many pics.

You're Z4 so further up north. Did you catch the Northern Lights the other night?! I didn't see them down in the Manchester area even though we're in a pretty dark spot.

Thanks to everyone else on this forum who takes the time to post pics. I have enjoyed them so much. You're all a bunch of daylily enablers! LOL!

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

I just love your garden shots and of course the daylilies too. My favorite daylily of this group is Fallen Leaves. I'm glad to see The Jury's Out in your photos - I have read great things about it and was planning to get it in the spring. Thanks for sharing your photos!

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Many THANKS to those who looked and commented. Seems as if the forum is getting very quiet as of late so I do appreciate that you all are still sticking around!

thyme2dig...so great to hear from another Granite Stater! If you keep looking on here I will be posting lots of pictures from summer that I didn't have time to share when they were actually blooming. Yes, I am further north.....Lakes Region. I forgot to look for the Northern Lights but would have probably seen them if I had since I'm on a bit of a mountain. Hope to 'talk' more with you in the future!

Celeste

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer