Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishnforspring

How about the letter ZZZZZZZ????

wishnforspring
14 years ago

Did I miss this one? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ????

I haven't seen a lot that start with Z. I have been looking for one with Zack or Zachary in it.

I have Zagora.

How about you???

Comments (24)

• tobin34
    14 years ago

ZAHADOOM {{gwi:967806}}

• mizellie
    14 years ago

My only Z is Zephyr's Song! Ellie

{{gwi:947199}}

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

I only have one.
    {{gwi:967808}}

• floota
    14 years ago

Just a few "Zs" to add! Here is Kropf's ZELLA VIRGINIA:

{{gwi:673214}}

Vic Santa Lucia's ZONA ROSA used to grow here - this is an old pic.

{{gwi:967810}}

Tim Bell's ZIPPORAH was a new plant last year.

And ZAHADOOM is one of my top notch favorites:

{{gwi:967814}}

• wishnforspring
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW!!I think ZAHADOOM is my favorite also and on my "WANTS" list!!
    I don't know how to post a picture.Do I use photobucket and copy and paste to here??

• phaltyme21
    14 years ago

Since when does Z follow H in our alphabet????

• floota
    14 years ago

Oh dear, this is the same sort of "snippy" comment I've heard over the years on the big email robin. So many people (as a result) are afraid to post or have quit posting . It would be a real shame to see that happen here! We are all here because we love daylilies, and if someone wants to post "out of order," who's to say that is wrong? Geez, I feel the urge coming on to post an "N" !! Can't fight it - here it comes: NEON FLAMINGO:

{{gwi:660811}}

But guess what? That's OK, just as all these "Z" cultivars are!

• swontgirl_z5a
    14 years ago

Okay , Here's my Zona Rosa - doesn't exactly look like the previous one. It was just her second year here but she was one of the best performers in my garden this summer. We had just awful weather. It was so dry and for most of July the temperature averaged between 60 and 70 F. Most of my daylilies really didn't like it at all but this one bloomed and bloomed and even sent our rebloom scapes. I had some blooms with a bit more doubling than this but they were all gorgeous. She's staying!!!

{{gwi:670519}}

• lynxe
    14 years ago

Off the top of my head, I have: ZACK'S POINT and ZACK OF ALL TRADES. Oddly enough, by different hybridizers, though one might think by the same one. ZACK'S POINT is by Frank Kropf, who was known primarily for his doubles, and ZOAT is one of Dottie Warrell's.

• katladie
    14 years ago

Love all y'all Z's. Floota, love your N, it is so intense and you are so funny. But I agree with you, what does it matter, life is too short for nit picking.

sharon

• shive
    14 years ago

All three of my Z's have been posted. Ellie, your photo of Zephyr's Song is so pretty! But since mine look a little different, I decided to post my pics of them anyway.

ZELLA VIRGINIA

ZIPPORAH

ZEPHYR'S SONG

• ladylovingdove
    14 years ago

Here is my picture of Zahadoom.

Dot

{{gwi:677679}}

• mizellie
    14 years ago

Debra, I think your ZS is prettier than mine. Maybe it's because mine is so new to me. I expect mine to look like yours next year...LOL!!!

I love all the pix of Zahadoom and maybe someday will be able to afford it....Ellie

• floota
    14 years ago

Likewise, Debra, your ZIPPORAH is way better - mine was new and bloomed for the first time this year. Hope it looks like yours by next year!

• nanny56
    14 years ago

I have no Z's...I see a couple I think I may need tho!! LOL

• shive
    14 years ago

Ellie and Julie - My Zephyr's Song and Zipporah were both new this year, too. The first blooms on Zephyr's Song were cream instead of pink, and I thought I had gotten the wrong plant. The photo I posted is on rebloom, after it had settled in a bit. The Zipporah shot was of a rebloom flower too.

Debra

• pamghatten
    14 years ago

My 2 Z's ...

Zelazny
    {{gwi:967822}}

Zella Virginia
    {{gwi:967824}}

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

I am so excited to see Zahadoom! Yep. I won it on the auction!
    kay

• wishnforspring
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Floota for backing me on the out of order comment. Geesh! One bad apple.....makes me not want to post ANYTHING when people get so uptight about things so trivial. :0(
    Can anyone answer my question on how to EASILY post pics here on GW??
    Thx all!

• floota
    14 years ago

Wishinfor spring, someone posted a GREAT explanation about this for you in a seperate post. It is now on pg. 2. Not sure how to copy the link, but you should be able to find it if you look on pg. 2!

• wishnforspring
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the info floota!

• phaltyme21
    14 years ago

ZIP BOOM BAH

Kay/phal

• Daylilygirl14-Nicole
    9 years ago

I've also been looking for a daylily with Zach or Zachary in it. Anyone know ofr any? I've only heard of Zack of All trades and Handsome Zach but cannot find a pic of Handsome Zach. I do like Zack of All trades so I guess I might get that one but curious if there are others?? Thanks for your help!!

• rose23_gw
    9 years ago

I have Zephyr John which was introduced by John Rice and Mort Morss in 2002. It's a pretty one. I don't have a picture.

Rosy

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor