Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

My favorites: Part II

Nancy
9 years ago

Kansas Kitten is pretty new to my garden, 1st year for bloom, so of course it is one of my favorites. It did quite well considering our harsh winter I thought. This wasn't the best flower it had, but I didn't realize I didn't have a photo of it til on its last bloom

Lavender Cascades is rather an odd color, not what I call lavender at all, but it always opens nicely & abundantly
{{gwi:661157}}

Lounge Lizard has really increased nicely here, & blooms for such a long time.

Mary Todd isn't the fanciest, but it blooms & blooms & blooms

Motown Blues didn't do as well as usual, but I still love that flower, wish it were a tad taller
{{gwi:666433}}

Nordic Night is always one of my favorites too, that is Beautiful Jealous Eyes beside it
{{gwi:680689}}

Who doesn't love Primal Scream, shouts out at you

Raptor Rap, took a couple of years to settle in, but it does nicely now

Comments (7)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Love Lounge Lizard, dont remenber seeing that one before. Gotta love Mary Todd, i still have mine, never disappoints!

Sherry

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

More beauties! You know I love Lounge Lizard... and I love Primal Scream too. I don't think I've heard of Motown Blues - it's pretty and of course I love the name since I live near Motown! :o)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

nancy, They are all beautiful blooms.I personally don't care for primal scream, but, it is a daylily and I pretty much like them all, just not fond of a few.Love KANSAS KITTEN. AND MOTOWN BLUES IS A BEAUTY, too. also Nortic night is so pretty. I need that one. Thank you for posting these beauties.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Quite a clump of Primal Scream. Motown Blues is supposed to be 28"; is it not? Interesting that the evergreen Lavender Cascades does well for you. Where in Kentucky are you located?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I thought I'd love Kansas Kitten too, but the color really didn't thrill me, so when it got rust that one year, I pitched it without much remorse. However, the purple/deep maroon of your Nordic Night could stay in my garden forever. What a beauty in your picture. Like velvet.........Maryl

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Sherry, Mary Todd is just such a blooming machine, I can't help but love it. My camera just doesn't capture some flowers as well, light reflects off them too much. Well, probably more a photographer problem.
    Lounge Lizard is such a beauty, rarely splotchy which I think some those dark ones can be.
    Jean, Nordic Night is so lovely. I just moved it this fall to more sun. It has been in shade & done quite well actually. I'll see how it does in full sun.
    Motown Blues is nowhere near 28" here, more like 20". I have several evergreens, and they all do pretty well for me. WEll, I had not problem with them til last winter when we so very cold. I lost a few daylilies, but not all were evergreen. I haven't had nearly the amount of reblooms from my plants this year, haven't paid any attention what they were though. Maybe I need to go back & look. I'm in southern KY. We used to be zone 6, been changed to 7a. I think I'm fortunate where I am, I seem to be able to grow them all pretty well, I don't seem to have problems with flowers not opening that some people talk about either.
    Maryl, I really like the color of Kansas Kitten. I like Always Afternoon & I've read lots of complaints about it being muddy & ugly so I can't really be trusted :) Nordic Night now, it looks just like that picture, it is gorgeous. It is in the shade though, so the color really shows off there. I mentioned I moved it, I may be moving it back to the shade. It seems to bloom pretty well there, I just thought it might bloom better in sun. Time will tell.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Is that the end of the alphabet, Nancy? Thanks for your postings.