Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

Got my Maryott order

Nancy
11 years ago

I don't think I've ordered from Maryott's for a couple of years, I forget just how generous they are. I ordered

Inner Vision

Spacecoast Sea Shells

Mississippi Blues

Wild child

& another one I can't think of

Bonuses were

Fiesta Flirt

Berry Delicious

Infernal Fire

and Inner Vision

I had forgotten that a couple I ordered were BOGO, but still, like Wild Child was at least 5 fans for each one. That should be a huge clump next year!

Comments (13)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, you may get some blooms this fall from them. sounds like you got some very pretty ones.

jean

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I got mine last week and planted right away. I see you & I both got the weekly special bonus 'Infernal Fire'. Mine has a scape on it so I hope it has time to amount to something before frost. I checked the website every few days to see what the special bonus was and held off ordering until I saw one I really wanted. I liked the look of Infernal Fire and also that I only had to order $50 or more to get it and it alone sells for $100. I feel like I robbed a bank...LOL. YES, Bill is extremely generous and makes opening the box exciting! I always give him little suggestions and he never disappoints.

Celeste

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    11 years ago

I just ordered today.
    Wheel of Time
    Vienna Waltz
    Aral Sea
    Amber Rhum
    Essence of Royalty
    Hi Ho Silver
    This week's special is Rachelle Agin - one I have wanted a long time.
    I met Bill at our regional meeting. Had spoken with him previously about daylily pedigrees and he actually remembered who I was! He is such a gracious and patient gentleman, so happy to answer my questions and give advice. Beautiful plants, generous bonuses. My plants will ship next week - cant wait to open the box! Maryott's is such a delight to order from!
    Judith

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I mentioned Inner Vision twice above, but actually my bonus was Best in Class, one I considered ordering in the first place. Bill must have read my mind.
    I've admired Berry Delicious & like the looks of fiesta Flirt, so I'm delighted with my bonus plants. I was watching for a bonus I really liked too, Celeste, & ran with it when I saw Infernal Fire! I hope I get to see a bloom or two from them, I remember I did when I've ordered before.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Nice order and I agree that Bill Maryott is a fine person. Ellie

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Very nice choices. Have fun planting.

Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Those are great, and what wonderful bonuses. Nothing better than the smell of the dug daylilies, when you open up that box!!!!
    Cindy

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Nice order! I got Berry Delicious last year and it is a beauty!
    Alameda, I too ordered when Rachelle Agin was a special! Ha, last year I swore not to order after August. But, did it again, even later than last year.
    Oh, also, can anybody tell me how to pronounce Linda Agin's last name correctly??

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Hurray for Maryotts!!!

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Got my daylilies all planted! I wish I had ordered just a few more, I have some spots that need filling. I lost more daylilies than I thought this year, & another couple that may not make it. Lost a huge clump of Cherry Cheeks, and I love that one. Fortunately, when I moved it last, apparently I missed a bit of it, so I have a couple of fans of it in its old spot. I think I lost Jen Melon too, an oldie that I can probably replace with a newer, better one, but I will miss her. South Seas wasn't dormant, not a bit showed back up, I'll miss that one too. Red Reward is gone, but I've got some other nice reds. Fortunately, the others I lost I won't especially miss. Just need to fill their spots.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

That is really unfortunate about your loosing daylilies most years and especially those you lost this year. Honestly, that doesn't happen here, thank goodness. But I didn't do that much dividing this year. I moved lots of Tall Bearded Iris but was dissapointed while working that the clumps were just big enough to move but not big and dividable like I figgured they should be. Then I moved all the daylilies from the bed I now have the iris in (well I actually moved the daylilies first) but those were hardly clumps even after years of being here. Maybe they will all do better in their new homes.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Nancy, wait until next year to see if you reallylost South Seas. That is exactly what happened to me last year, but it put up new fans this year, and bloomed, then re-bloomed. It may just be resting from the heat.
    kay

• Nancy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just hasn't been a great year for daylilies for me. They have bloomed pretty well, especially considering the June drought. Still, we've gotten pretty steady rain since early July. I haven't gotten as much rebloom as I expected, and daylilies haven't increased like I had hoped. Some of my favorites I had hoped to see lots of increase, like Clown Parade & Hello Heartstrings. Nice healthy big fans, but no new fans. They will probably take off nicely next year though. I've been moving iris like mad in the new beds I made for them. Not quite finished yet, but just 2 or 3 left to move that I forgot earlier. I've been moving daylilies around too. Just have to decide which ones I like the least to move down to death row :)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida