Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

glory be, some rain finally got here

jean_ar
11 years ago

The forecast was for thunderstorms last night and early morning, and I thought sure it is. Them cloud never have rain in them when they get here, but, I got up this morning and went out and everything was soaked, and I went and looked at the rain gauge and it had 2 1/2 inches in it, so I finally got a good rain last night.I am sure the daylilies injoyed it too.and it was nice and cool today, too. upper 70's instead of 100 plus.

jean

Comments (11)

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

I'm happy for you, Jean. I've been checking the weather several times a day hoping for rain, but to no avail. We are having a "cool" front come through tonight, and our low is predicted to be 65 with a high tomorrow of 86. Whoopee! The water in my rain bucket is evaporating away and my poor daylilies are looking awfully sad.

Nancy

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nancy, Thats what brought the rain here, is a cold front came through. its suppose to dip to 54 tonight.it got to 79 today and suppose to get to 85 tomorrow,Thats still warm, but alot better then that 100 plus we been getting every day for over a week with no break in it. I do hope tou get some rain too and a cool down.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I watched the temperature drop from 101 to 85 in less then 20 minutes as the front that Jean got after us began to push through. I could count the number of raindrops it produced though. The wind was horrible. Sucked what little moisture there was in the soil right up. We even lost power off and on for an hour. But I won't complain as it was nothing compared to the 4 people northwest of us who lost their lives when those 84 mph straight winds slammed into them. In Oklahoma no good weather goes unpunished....I'm glad that you got rain though Jean. We all need it so badly....Maryl

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Finally a good rain for you! 2.5 inches, wow!
    We are still dry. There was one short sprinkling rain in August, but just recently a whole inch! That's not nearly enough to beat the extreme drought we are having here. And it's already getting cold, like very cold, 40s, especially at night.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Hurray for much needed rain!

• silverkelt
    11 years ago

Congrats.. there is nothing like rain.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for cmommenting and I do hope that you all that needs it so bad will get some too. Arkansas is in severe drough.,,I will have to get up ealy and water tomorrow. The ones in pots were drying out fast so will have to start up the watering agaain., weather channel is saying more rain next weekend. I sure hope do. and every one else, too.

Jean

• houstmag
    11 years ago

So happy that you received some much needed rain, I sure wish the temps would drop here in FL. it's still hot and muggy.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Glad to see you got some relief. We've had 3 storms within days of each other and the temps dropped dramatically. Lots of rain here which means I'll be weeding and mowing again.

Julia

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I'm so glad you got some of that rain, Jean. We got a lot here over the past few days, over 4" since the beginning of the month. The daylilies really loving it, & I'm loving this cooler weather. Humidity is down too, making it nice to be outside.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

We finally got rain this Friday along with a cool down to temperatures in the 70's/low 80's. The rain was only an inch, but at least the temperatures haven't bounced right back up into the 90's or 100's. We have been month after month after month in the 90's-100's with little to no rain. Only those who have experienced these last two hideous summers can imagine the relief I feel today. I'm going to have to put on long pants to work out in the garden (still glistening with raindrops).....Hooray for our side!!!!.....Maryl

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor