Posted by ljagla z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 22:13

When do I plant these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds from daylilies?

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 8:35

I'm sure you will get a lot of different answers. I start mine in January. I don't have grow lights so I just put the container on the window sill and do just fine.

o

I also start mine in January and plant them outside after the frost and freeze is over. I put the seeds in the fridge from now until I get ready to start them. There are many ways to start your seeds and everyone has a favorite way. I also put mine in front of a south facing window on a small shelf, nothing fancy here.
Hope this helps.

Nancy VB

o

I start mine between Jan-Feb, I once tried to push a season and start alot of stuff in nov, but really it was alot of hassle, with having to transplant from solo cups to pots .

I germinate mine in a 1% peroxide/water solution in solo cups, in room temp, 80% easily germinate this way if they are viable, from time to time some of them like some more heat, so I put them on the mat after 14 days if not germinated.

They go here on heating seedling mats, under lights (3 double bulb six footers, I mix and match spectrums to mimic the sun as much as possible) they stay under lights/heat 24/7 till im ready to move them.

Silverkelt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here