Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

More Lates that refuse to give up

celeste/NH
11 years ago

They are definitely winding down out there but there remain a few that just like me, don't want to say goodbye to summer. Every day there are fewer blooms but anything still blooming in September is a champion to me.

Hope you enjoy these too!

Celeste

FALLEN LEAVES (from Nate Bremer)

NORTHWIND DANCER (last bloom of the season)

VT SOPHIE

VT SEPTEMBER STAR

OLALLIE KEITH (last blooms also)

CHICAGO APACHE

VT + LATE GREEN THROAT

WINDY PLACE (another one by Nate Bremer)

VT SHELL PINK HALO

PARADE OF PEACOCKS (strangely this one is still blooming)

{{gwi:969309}}

VT ABALONE

PUMPKIN TIME (showed it before)

BRIDGETON IVY LEAGUE (again, still blooming)

VT THE LAST MELON

A FEW OF MY HARDY HIBISCUS (will bloom for another couple weeks at least)

and coneflowers....

Comments (12)

• shive
    11 years ago

Lovely, lovely late bloomers! I hadn't seen those Nate Bremer cultivars before. They are really nice. Those large colorful hardy hibiscus blooms really attract attention, don't they? My Turn of the Century hibiscus usually blooms through October here.

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Lots of beautiful lates! I especially like OLALLIE KEITH & WINDY PLACE

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Very nice.
    Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

You sure make it hard to pick a favorite but I think I will go with Olallie Keith just love those colors.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

All of these are just lovely, beautiful colors. There isn't one I don't want--LOL!!! Also enjoy the pics of the coneflowers and hibiscus, really must brighten up your garden. Avedon

• mizellie
    11 years ago

ND is always a favorite. I am a bit surprised that POP is still blooming. You have a good bit of color with the dls blooming. I was much surprised to find a new scape on Magnificent Hummingbird yesterday. It's one I didn't transplant...Nice photos...Ellie

• User
    11 years ago

All very lovely. Vt Abalone really speaks to its name! Beautiful.

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

You have a great collection of late ones!!! I think I like them all! A wonderful variety too!! My Chicago Apache went well into August for me, but not into September.
    Cindy

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

They are all so pretty, CELESTE. I love that purple one and lavender one, and loveCHICAGO APACHE too, and the hybiscus is so pretty. The cone flowers are pretty, but, what I dislike about the cone flowers is the droopy peddals.and loooks like all of them is like that.

jean

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Everything is beatiful as always. I am really, really, truely impressed by your collection of late and extra late bloomers many of which I see are from Olallie. I think you must have more Olallie daylilies than I do and believe me I used to have more than anyone else on the forum. But it really is a joy to have those late, late blooms when all else has finished.

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita, I can thank YOU for getting me into the lates and I truly do thank you. I do have an awful lot to have been acquired in just 2 years time but I actually don't think I have enough...LOL. I'll be getting more next year if space and wallet allow.

Celeste

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

There never seems to be enough. For me it is simply a matter of having totally run out of room. All daylily beds are full here so I didn't even try to get anything new this year. Of course I did move some around in spite of the fact that I said I wasn't going to need to move daylilies around thus year ha-ha.