Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

YEA: Got more rain yesterday evening

jean_ar
11 years ago

I was surprised again with RAIN againn yesterday evening late. Got just a fraction under 3 inches this time.It was really coming down for a couple hours and got cooler/ Sure is a relief from this hot weather.The weather channel is saying we will get more rain tomorrow and monday, too.What a blessing to finally get some rain.I sure wish it would have dropped a little in jUNE AND JULYJean

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

So glad you are finally getting a bit of rain, Jean.
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Good for you.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I know you really needed that rain. Yes, those daylilies sure do perk up as soon as they get a good drenching rain.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

So glad that you and your daylilies are getting some rain.
    Val

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you KAY.It even rained a little bit this evening, too.a sprinkling.
    RITA: Thank you.Yes,I really needed a good rain. the grass was all dead and brown, but, I see a few green blades sticking up now.I was about give out from dragging the hose around every day, to give them water, now I can skip a few days.
    Thanks LINDA and VAL.
    Hope every one thats needing rain gets some, too.

Jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hey, Jean, thought I had sent you a message this morning, but see it did not post. Just wanted to say I'm thrilled you got some decent rain. It really makes a big difference--just watch those dls perk up and turn green!! Avedon

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Always good to get the liquid gold. :-). More rain is due here on Tuesday. Seems like we've had rain more often now that we are getting into fall.

Julia

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I remember how you were so dry all summer so I am cheering for the rain. You deserve it!

Celeste

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AVEDON: Thank you. yes, I am already seeing the daylilies standing straighter and greener, too even several putting up a little fan(increase) hooray for the rain. just hope it dont do like it done a few years ago and rain and rain and have everything standing in water,and not knowing when to slack up.It has sprinkled a little most of today. too.
    THANK YOU CELESTE and JULIA. I just kept cheering the rain on, and I really got a nice rain.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Raining here today Jean. Suppose to rain all day and into most of the evening. Just makes cleaning up the garden that much easier when the sun comes out again. :).

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

JULIA> You have been getting rain pretty regular haven't you?This is the first good rain here in about 4 or 5 .months,and I was sure cheering it on. hoping it wouldnt stop for the rest of the day.I still have some more weeds to pull out, but, my back has gotten worse the last few months,and is hard to pull the weeds out.I have started going out every few hours, looking at how pretty and green the leaves has gotten on the daylilies and each time I pull out a big handful of weeds. a few more trips outside will just about get another bed weeded out, then I sprinkle Preen out.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Yes, the rainfall is coming regular now. More due this weekend again IF the weatherperson is correct. Makes the weeding so much easier.

Julia