Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbydales

Yet another satisfied Maryott's customer!!

abbydales
16 years ago

Well, I finally did it, ordered from Maryotts.

A box of healthy HUGE green fans arrived today with lovely bonuses. Bill was too quick, actually, because I was thinking of adding a few more on but they had been sent.

Oh well, I'll be ready next year.

I got:

Aesthetic Ballet

Gift From Heaven

Marked by Lydia

Mildred Mitchell (thanks to Jessica :))

Big Kiss (for my young daughter who has had a tough time

because her beloved pet died recently- she just loves doubles)

and for bonuses I got:

How Sweet it is

Sunny Perfection

and Southern Coral

I am thrilled. I know I will be ordering from them again.

I know that there has been debate about whether people would like to receive bonuses, extra fans of the cultivars they ordered, or free shipping. I can just tell you as someone who is new and starting out, it is just so thrilling to get bonuses! Like Christmas! It has really helped my collection along. I even got 4 bonuses at a time from my favorite vendor. And only one bonus this year was one I didn't care for (Cousin Charles....)

Those who give nice bonuses will definitely get my business again. But I do understand those who may get repeats of daylilies they already have, etc.

Ok, I went off on a tangent there... so if anyone grows these that I got today, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks!!

Comments (19)

• MaxBaerHems
    16 years ago

CONGRAT'S!!!
    You got some beauties there.....actually one of your Bonus plants is a favorite of mine in my gardens....Southern Coral...I wish I could capture the colour better...it's awesome....a strong grower, great height, many blooms and nice foliage....it has it all..:) Of course you got many nice ones....Mildred Mitchell is a favorite of mine too...very nice...you did Great!

{{gwi:655045}}

{{gwi:655042}}

Rick

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

abbydales, the only one I have from your list is BIG KISS. I think your daughter will love it...lots of blooms, quick to increase, and very fertile.
    I have HOW SWEET IT IS coming at the end of this month. We will have to compare notes next year. Isn't Maryott's the greatest!
    Kathy

• carlamarie
    16 years ago

I'm THRILLED w/ Mildred Mitchell. I'm almost 100% positive you will be too. Here is a photo. Keep in mind, this is only the 2nd Flower to Open & I was on vacation when the others bloomed :(

The only hybridizer I purchase from at the moment is Bill Maryott. I'm extremely happy with my purchases and have been for 5 years now. I grow a good number of his introductions.

Kwanza Gold,Cameo Luster,Off Beat,Oktoberfest,Winning Note,Golden Honey,Social Graces,Bold Move,Flamboyant Diva & Pandora's Treasure.

My very favorites are Off Beat,Oktoberfest,Winning Note, Golden Honey and Social Graces. Out of these, Golden Honey is on the VERY top of the list. Bold Move,Flamboyant Diva and Pandora's Treasure are new this summer, so I didn't see them bloom yet.

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

WOW, What some beautiful DL's.That Southern Coral is gorgeous.

Jean

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

They are a wonderful company and will buy from again.

Hope you will show them off to us next year when they bloom, I just love seeing everyones gardens.

• seedsower
    16 years ago

I just received my order from them yesterday and received very nice bonuses. I enjoy the surprise bonuses...if its something you already have you can always trade it or offer it up at ebay. I will definitely be ordering from them next year.

Sandy

• abbydales
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone, your comments double the excitement for me!

Rick, I'm glad to hear that Southern Coral is such a strong grower, and if it looks even slightly like your photo, I'll be happy. By the way, I always enjoy your pics, you rival the professionals. Truly.

Kathy, I'm glad to hear that Big Kiss is a good cultivar too, and up for the Stout this year! My daughter always points out the doubles, she really likes them.

Carlamarie, I love seeing pics of Mildred Mitchell. I know I will love her. It's good to hear that Maryott's intros are so hardy, so many are gorgeous. I'll have to look up the ones you love. What zone are you?

Barb, I enjoy your photos too, and should really learn how to do it so I can share. thanks!

Sandy, what did you order, and get for bonuses?
    Thanks everyone!
    ~~Sharon

• Nancy Barginear
    16 years ago

As I stepped out on our porch on this lovely September morning, I glanced down the hill toward the new field bed. A bright and colorful blossom beckoned me. I ran and grabbed my camera. So...here she is, in all her glory ... Lori Goldston (from Maryott's)

Nancy

• abbydales
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy, what a gorgeous daylily and a lovely picture too!
    I had that one on my list from Maryott's, but they sold out of it.
    Thanks for sharing.

• carlamarie
    16 years ago

I'm in zone 6b. Email me at pamperdchefcarla@aol.com. I can show you pictures of other Maryott intros. Bill is a good friend of mine. So he'd love to know I'm sharing my photos. Actually on his website if you look at Golden Honey, that is my photo on his site. I think if you type in Social Graces, there is another photo of mine there too.

• newyorkrita
    16 years ago

I am just crazy about Maryotts. The daylilies are always large fans in great condition. I have many Maryotts intros planted this year but not too many pictures as many did not bloom or I did not get a picture.

Tic Tac Toe

Incendiary

Because of You

Pandora's Treasure

Off Beat

Maryotts Daylily fans ready to plant

• abbydales
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carla, an email is on its way.

Rita, it is hard to pick my favorites from your photos,
    they are all so beautiful. I really love Off Beat and Tic Tac Toe. yours of those two actually look prettier than the ones on Maryott's site. My wish list is getting too long.
    thanks for sharing!

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

wow, thises are some beautiful daylilies.Love that Tic Tac Toe,,Gorgeous.

Jean

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Here's some of Maryott's intros that I grow.
    Dilemma

Century Club
    Impressionistic

Kwanza Gold

and I also grow World Premier, but can't seem to find my photo of it.
    Jan

• shari1332
    16 years ago

Very nice pics. Thanks for posting them.

• namso
    16 years ago

Loved all the pics as well.

This one came as a bonus, love it.
    Winning Note
    {{gwi:969949}}

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

WOW! Such pretty daylilies. Now this is a wonderful tribute to great daylily growers.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and success stories.

Blessings to all, Mona

• Waitforspring
    16 years ago

What gorgeous flowers. I definitely have to order from Maryott next year.

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Glad to hear you got Mildred mitchell! Im sure you will love her! -Jessica