Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

The Last daylily, fall foliage and a whopper

celeste/NH
11 years ago

I am SO impressed with 'Pumpkin Time'. It is brand-new (planted this past spring) but what an awesome report I have on it. It started blooming August 1st and continued to bloom until yesterday, October 4th...It's FIRST season!

What kept it going & going like the Energizer Bunny was it's bud-building. When I was purchasing Lates I hesitated about this one because it's just a plain gold but I wanted a bud-builder. What a champion this one is and I can only imagine it will just get better and better.

It's been raining for days here but I did manage to get out one day and take some foliage photos for those of you who enjoy that. And I snuck in another picture of ZEUS for Jean...plus a huge hardy hibiscus that is still blooming away out there. Happy Fall to everyone!

Celeste

I didn't get a picture of it's very last bloom but this was it last week....'PUMPKIN TIME'

hardy hibiscus 'PINK ELEPHANT'

Bloom measured 12 inches across

FALL FOLIAGE on a cloudy day

ZEUS, chillin' on the couch

Comments (14)

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Your flowers are beautiful and views are awesome.

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Wow Celeste, what beautiful fall photos!

How many fans was your Pumpkin Time when you planted it? That is an amazing amount of time for a plant to be blooming its 1st year. How fantastic!

Love your kitty, my adult son who lives next door has a kitten that I named Mimi and me & the kids want to keep her so bad! But my husband and one of my sons is allergic. :-(

Rena'

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Looking at your fall foliage photos sure make me homesick, it is so beautiful in New England this time of year. Both of your blooms are stunning, what a huge bloom on your hibiscus. Zues sure looks comfortable and as handsome as always.
    Linda

• FlowerGardener
    11 years ago

Wow the fall foilage colors are outstanding very beautiful view.

• floota
    11 years ago

Wow, Celeste, your fall foliage pics are amazing, especially with the backdrop of the water reflecting. Very serene!
    I have to say, your Zeus looks like he could be a sibling to my Richard Greyfus!!
    {{gwi:690079}}

Is Zeus a Russian blue?

• nat4b
    11 years ago

That's a really long-blooming daylily, and hibiscus is huge, wow.
    Love the cats pics. Zeus is totally posing for a picture, nice silvery outlines.
    And the views, so spectacular! I especially like the one with the hilly road. Some of the trees here turned yellow and red, but not much. I heard somewhere that they need adequate rainfall for pretty fall color, but with two slight rains the whole summer.. it's not enough I guess

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Oh my! Two gray cats that make my heart stir. Very like my beloved Korat, Sylvester.

Celeste, the fall foliage shots are magnificent, thanks so much for posting them. Your daylily is lovely too.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I am always amazed at how beautiful the scenery is up there.

I have Pumpkin Time myself. I don't mind it being a plain gold, in fact I like it a lot!

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

What a beautiful daylily and what a performer. That hibiscus is amazing, too. Love Zeus, always want to see pictures of him, I am leaving tomorrow for MO to be with my mother. We think she is failing, and I have no idea when I will return. Maybe I will be back on the Forum in time to say Happy Thanksgiving. Your lovely fall pictures certainly remind me of the upcoming holiday season. Avedon

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I like that daylily. Very bright color. Neat for this time of the year. The scene stealer to me though has to be the fall colors. How beautiful. You all can keep your snowy winters, but your autumn is grand....Cats always get the first round of applause from me though. I have a semi long haired gray, so Zeus and Richard might be Bonita's kissing cousin.....Maryl

• shive
    11 years ago

I think Pumpkin Time is very attractive. You gotta love a bud builder. All the gray kitties are beauties!

Debra

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU ALL for your great comments...I always appreciate your input!
    To answer questions:
    RENA, Pumpkin Time was only 3 fans and came from a northern grower so they were kinda small and I didn't expect much this year. I kept thinking it had run out of buds but then every time I looked at it there were MORE on those scrawny scapes...haha.
    FLOOTA, I have seen Richard Greyfus before on your blogs & of course that he looks like my beloved Zeus made me fall in love with him. He is a handsome boy. Yes, Zeus is a Russian Blue. He is so intelligent and loving that I do not think of him as a cat at all but my 4th child. He is very, very spoiled and deserves every bit of it...LOL.
    AVEDON, so sorry about your Mom and we will miss you here.
    I wish you had internet there so that we could keep in touch. My best to you.
    MARYL, love the beautiful Bonita!

Once again, thanks to each & EVERY ONE of you.

Celeste

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!! There is another picture of that gorgeous ZEUS, Thank you celeste for posting another one of that beautiful kitty.he has such beautiful hair (fur).and I love them scenery pictures, The fall colors are gorgeous.I just never see anything like that here.Love that Hibiscus too, and the daylily is a bright one. very pretty.

jean

• silverkelt
    11 years ago

I think the foilage still looks great, even if it was taken in overcast conditions.. Ive yet to see a good day to take any kind of foilage pictures, the few times its been kind of nice, was days I was working, it seems like its been non stop rain around here.

Already most of the maples are starting to loose thier leaves, without any frost, none of the oak trees have turned, just kind of a wierd year I guess.

Oh well..

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting