Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Superthrive

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 8:49

I've finally found a source for it. Can any of you who use it tell me what the pros and cons of it are? Can you use it anytime or is there a best time to use it? I've always read that it is a super product for daylilies. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Superthrive

I found it on Amazon. Wow! $131 for a gallon.
Is it really that good?

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 12:30

I thought it was expensive at $90 per litre! I did some checking on other forums and they use kelp powder to do the same thing. We already have Aggrand which can be purchased as liquid kelp so I was wondering about using that, it does the same thing. It's also a lot cheaper.

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 15:53

Hi Marg.I use superthrive on all my newly purchased mail order plants
You dont need a lot just a few drops I soak all new arrivals for 24 hours before planting.Same with plants I am shippong out.I have yet to lose a daylily no matter how small ( pencil size)and I have received some tiny ones from a few sellers. I dont know if you have an Ontario Growers Supply near you, but they sell it here in an 8 ounce plastic container for a reasonable price somewhere between $12 or $15..

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 19:42

Thanks for the info. I was on their site but it looks like they only have stores in London. I emailed them to ask if they had ones anywhere else though.

o

gee, I thought you could buy : Superthrive about anywhere, where fertilizers and plants are sold. I buy it at wal mart some times.I have never noticed any pro's or con's using it, but,I don't use it on a every day basis either. Usually just in the spring and summer when plants are actively growingI just figured it wont hurt the plants and might do some good for them.

jean

o

Yeah, I found it at Wal-Mart too. It was about $10 for a small bottle (which I haven't finished). This was a couple years ago, so I don't know if they still carry it.

Nate

o

I like it. I use it to soak new bare root arrivals before planting. Also use it to help any struggling plants. I think it's basically a rooting stimulator. I use about 1/2 teaspoon per 3 gallons for the soak, so it goes a long way. There may be a problem using it for long term soaks as the bath tends to go anaerobic pretty quickly, like within a couple of days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here