Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueridge Order and Gifts

Posted by ejr2005 Eastern MA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 10:43

My Blueridge plants just arrived. They look great. I ordered four daylilies and received five gift plants!

Unfortunately I have some minor (I hope) health issues and can't get them in the ground right away. Is it okay to soak them in water for a few days? I did this with my Maryotts order and they seem to be fine - putting up new green leaves.

I'm also looking for feedback on the gift plants. They are:

- Wisest of Wizards
- Dream Icicle
- Scarlet Empress
- Selma Timmons
- Pedro Osornio

I have the basic information on them but don't know how they perform. I have pretty limited sunny spots, so don't know if I should bother planting them or just give them away.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueridge Order and Gifts

I often soak for a few days, changing the water daily, with no ill effects. One of my Maryotts is putting up a bloom spike as usual after about 12 days in the ground.

I don't have any of the ones you listed, so can't give any info on them.
kay

o

The only one I have is Wisest of Wizards, a great plant that reblooms & multiplies nicely for me.

o

Thanks kay and ngraham.

All but Selma are now in the ground after soaking for a couple of days. Selma will go in tomorrow.

Wisest of Wizards is in a place of honor. The others not so much. I'll see how they do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here