Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grass_lover

Metallic siver edges

grass_lover
11 years ago

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any favorite glittering silver edges, and what they were.

--Gold edges are great too... the best golds I have are Forestlake Ragamuffin and Fringed Sangria.

Comments (6)

• silverkelt
    11 years ago

Ive not really seen anything that I would call a true silver edge, I have a greyish edged seedling but thats about as close as it gets..

• dementieva
    11 years ago

Here's a photo I took of the edge on BODACIOUS BITE. Is this the kind of metallic edge you're describing? It won't surprise you that BODACIOUS BITE is a child of FORESTLAKE RAGAMUFFIN.

Nate

• grass_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nate.... *g*... that is beautiful!! Thank you for posting. I've got to do a little research on that one.

Silverkelt - I've read that Robes for the Queen, Blue Abyss, Silver Rings and Blue Eclipse have silver edges, and was just curious if there was any others that I was missing. The only one I have is Robes and it hasn't bloomed for me yet. --Susie Tee has a spot of silver here and there, but it's edge isn't anything like the above photo.

• grass_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Silverkelt -You mentioned a gray edge as being the closest you'd seen to silver, and I suppose that would better describe the spots on Susie. --Just reviewed my pic, and it's hard to see but on the left hand side that small line of discoloration on the edge sparkled. There were other spots as well, but that was the largest.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

The bad part is-I know I've seen one this summer but can't remember what it was. LOL I know my Dad has a seedling with a silver edge, but it was a registered plant. I have about 400, Dad has around 1000 and I help him with his gardens, I went on some garden tours, we had a daylily expo, and I shopped at a place in Findlay, OH this summer. Can't remember where it was. Looked at TOO MANY plants.

• grass_lover
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa- Sounds like a great way to spend your summer!

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer