Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metallic siver edges

Posted by grass_lover z5a IA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 10:48

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any favorite glittering silver edges, and what they were.

--Gold edges are great too... the best golds I have are Forestlake Ragamuffin and Fringed Sangria.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metallic siver edges

Ive not really seen anything that I would call a true silver edge, I have a greyish edged seedling but thats about as close as it gets..

o

Here's a photo I took of the edge on BODACIOUS BITE. Is this the kind of metallic edge you're describing? It won't surprise you that BODACIOUS BITE is a child of FORESTLAKE RAGAMUFFIN.

Nate

o

Nate.... *g*... that is beautiful!! Thank you for posting. I've got to do a little research on that one.

Silverkelt - I've read that Robes for the Queen, Blue Abyss, Silver Rings and Blue Eclipse have silver edges, and was just curious if there was any others that I was missing. The only one I have is Robes and it hasn't bloomed for me yet. --Susie Tee has a spot of silver here and there, but it's edge isn't anything like the above photo.

o

Silverkelt -You mentioned a gray edge as being the closest you'd seen to silver, and I suppose that would better describe the spots on Susie. --Just reviewed my pic, and it's hard to see but on the left hand side that small line of discoloration on the edge sparkled. There were other spots as well, but that was the largest.

o

The bad part is-I know I've seen one this summer but can't remember what it was. LOL I know my Dad has a seedling with a silver edge, but it was a registered plant. I have about 400, Dad has around 1000 and I help him with his gardens, I went on some garden tours, we had a daylily expo, and I shopped at a place in Findlay, OH this summer. Can't remember where it was. Looked at TOO MANY plants.

o

Lisa- Sounds like a great way to spend your summer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here