Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

My Emmerich Intros for Nat4b Warning- Very Picture Heavy

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Nat4b, be careful what you ask for. Since it is down time in the daylily garden, it was fun to go through pictures to find my Emmerich intros. In no particular order, here they are:

Moses in the Bullrushes:

Filled to Overflowing:

Faithful and True

{{gwi:809557}}

Fear Not:

{{gwi:718024}}

Deliverer: (Eyes on the Prize on right, bit of Octoberfest foreground)

{{gwi:679146}}

Cup of Cold Water:

King of the Ages:

{{gwi:667520}}

Wall of Fire:

{{gwi:976173}}

Little Light of Mine:

{{gwi:976175}}

Handwriting on the Wall:

{{gwi:976177}}

Intelligent Design:

{{gwi:882070}}

Isle of Patmos:

Eyes On The Prize:

{{gwi:976182}}

Souls on Fire:

{{gwi:786178}}

Spoken in Parables:

Count It All Joy:

{{gwi:976187}}

Man of Sorrows:

{{gwi:976189}}

Woman at the Well:

{{gwi:726260}}

Gospel Music:

{{gwi:832915}}

Overflowing Heart

{{gwi:976190}}

Robed In Majesty:

{{gwi:976191}}

I also have Coronation Day which I have not yet allowed to bloom since I am growing the plant at the time, and want it larger.

These were taken with a Canon EOS 20 D, and have had no phto-shopping, color enhancement or change, and (as is probably obvious) no lightening or darkening.

Also, since I live in the hot south, almost all purples tend to be the reddish sort. My soil, my climate, it took me a long time to give up to that fact and be satisfied, but it is true across the board...purple isn't here.

I love Karol's intros, and they do exceedingly well here.

kay

Comments (15)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

May I be the first to say, "Oh Wow". Those are really nice. Man Of Sorrows, Count It all Joy, and Wall of Fire in particular are my favorites. Again, your combination of Women at the Well and Primal Scream shows a good eye for color. I'll have to look at her site again and see if she has anything in my budget.......Maryl

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I wonder if they would do well in the north. There are quite a few I really like, Women at the Well, Wall of Fire, Filled to Overflowing and King of Ages. Thanks for posting these beauties. Marg

• spiderjoe
    11 years ago

Entwined In The Vine
    (Destined to See x Julie Newmar)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Wow, Kay. they are all just beautiful.My favorites of these are FILLED TO TO OVERFLOWING,ISLE OF PATMOS, and MAN OF SORROWS. gorgeous.

jean

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

WOW, Kay! Every one of these is stunning. I have had to go back & forth looking at all of them and have viewed this thread twice now and can't pick a favorite. They are ALL too gorgeous. I declare them all my favorite! I only have a couple Emmerichs but they are doing awesome here. I love that they are bred for cold-hardiness because it's brutal here in the winter, but they are outstanding in your warmer climate too. I have to get MORE Emmerichs a.s.a.p. Thanks for the beautiful photographs...I am sure I will come back to them again.

Celeste

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Marg: I have several of Karol's intros too and most do fine in the north. I did have trouble with 2 that I have - FILLED TO OVERFLOWING and OPEN DOOR. I took Kay's suggestion and moved FILLED TO OVERFLOWING to see if a new location would promote better performance. However, OPEN DOOR decided this year it would bloom a bit better than in past years so I left it where it was.

I also have had for several years NO MORE TEARS,LIGHT OF THE WORLD,SOUL ON FIRE and SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN.All do very good here. I added this year from Karol COUNT IT ALL JOY , ISLE OF PATMOS and INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

Julia

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Thanks Julia. Marg

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Oh wow!! How Beautiful! Both flowers and your pictures :)Thank you very much for the post.
    I don't even know which one I like the best. 'Man of Sorrows', without doubt. 'Cup of Cold Water', 'Fear Not', well all!
    Atm, she is my favorite hybridizer, and I've added several I could afford (bought from others though).
    I noticed that in my yard purples are getting red too, so maybe it's not a south problem. In any case, I love them how they are.

• Ed
    11 years ago

Awesome pictures! Awesome flowers! Thanks for sharing!

• User
    11 years ago

So beautiful. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of one hybridizer's intros growing in your garden. Thank you for sharing. A couple went on the "must have" list.

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

hello,
    Emmerich has been suggested several times for producing northern hardy rebloomers. I have looked at her site a few times since spring and many of her older and I would assume more reasonably priced Daylillies have been listed as not available every time I look. If she no longer sells them, were do you guys/gals purchase these? I have seen some on the LA, but would rather purchase several at one time to save on shipping. Is there a Daylily garden that raises and sells Emmerich's earlier intro's.

Thanks,
    Gale

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Gale: You should contact Karol directly and inquire if she still has any available that you may be interested. You may get lucky and she may have a couple of fans to sell but no guarantee. Worth trying.

Good luck,
    Julia

• judyannz7
    10 years ago

Kay, Karol's intros are gorgeous, but your photography (with or without purple) brings out the best in them!

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

Julia, Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I haven't looked yet Kay but I don't think I have any Emmerich cv's. What a shame because yours are soooo beautiful. Ellie