Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Managed a Couple Hours of WorkYesterday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I need to be in the yard, and have been unable to do much...It's not fun to be restricted as I know some of you (ngraham and Julia) are aware.

Anyway, I SPed four more daylilies and planted four...although one of the planted ones replaced Wren Song which I had dug and potted up a few days ago. I decided to plant only one, Shelby, in the place of American Windmill and Helix.

I also planted the remaining five new ones in posts to gain a little breathing room. I have several more to dig, and another planting area where Bradford pears have been cut down to use for daylilies, so the remaining ten should have homes eventually. all summer, I would pot any that I had bought as they came in, but now it is time to plant...and I will be at the doctors once again tomorrow. Maybe after that we will have a definitive diagnosis and I can improve significantly.

After all, my garden is calling me.

kay

Comments (4)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Sounds like you've been busy! I've been trying to finish up going through my seedling daylilies, a few that I plan to keep, some that I am moving to think about next year, & some I am composting. Found a daylily yesterday I definitely need to do something about. Yarrow has completely overtaken Motown Blues. I walked by & suddenly realized it wasn't there. I looked down through the yarrow & there it was. Got to dig that out as soon as it stops raining long enough. Surprisingly, it looks pretty healthyBeen raining here all day, not hard, but enough to keep me inside. I've been itching to get outside.
    I sure hope you get the treatment you need & get better fast! It is so hard to not be able to do the things you want to do.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I'm still taking out dead scapes and finished the front beds today...well almost, but many are still not ready to come out. I have about 10 pots that were suppose to be planted but now I have to find a way to over winter them.
    Rain is on the way for Friday,Saturday,Sunday, and Monday on and off or so says our weatherman.

I still have to finish taking dead scapes out, cut back the perennials, pull out those pesky Queen Annes Lace and some other blooming weeds.

Yes, I know the feeling of being limited to what you can and can't do but I'm getting a bit tired of listening to the experts.

Take care of yourself.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well Kay, you and Nancy are doing more then I am able to do.I been trying hard to pull some weeds out and digging up my dormants and potting them up. Dormants just don't do good here.I have lost a few I had. They go dormant in the winter and never come back, but the ones in pots, come back and grow and bloom really nice.So far,I am averaging to dig up one dayliily a day and potting it,and pull just a few weeds as I go too. but, One is better then none at all.so far since I have started, I have 8 or 9 dug and potted, forgot which.but think its 8.I have bad arthuritis in my back, back of neck and shoulders, bad.cant take arthuritis pills as I am allergic to all I have been put on,and the dr tells me don't take no more.everything seems to have gotten worse when I fell back in November and broke my right wrist. hospital sent me to a different dr for this one and he done nothing, kept telling me its healing fine. well now, its a little deformed,and hurts dailiy,and cant use it like I want, I use it, but not for everything like I use to, its the right wrist and I am right handed, so it is not a good thing, for me.but, I do the best that I can with what I have.We did get a little rain this week that has softened the ground to make it a little easier to dig.Kay, I do hope you get a good report and the dr. can help you, to get back to the thing we love.
    Nancy, Hang in there girl and take it slow.

jean

• mizellie
    10 years ago

It seems we are all having problems...
    Kay, I'm sorry you are having problems. Please keep us informed...Ellie

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz