Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I never realized that daylilies.....

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 13:47

moved with the sun. I had a seedling set pods but the nights are getting really cold so I thought it better to bring it in and let it bloom. I put it in a south window. When it bloomed, the bloom was facing the east side but later when I went back into the sunroom I noticed the scape was now facing the west. I didn't realize daylilies would move like sunflowers do. Now I have another seedling from the same group that I also brought in and the scape is moving the same way. Go figure. Just thought it was interesting. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I never realized that daylilies.....

I have wondered about this too Marg.
It always seemed the blooms in some of my flower beds were facing the back. Then I realized they were facing the direction of the sun coming up. One bed is very long and faces to the north. The blooms follow the sun all day facing the back of the garden as the sun moves. I just can't change the location of the beds!

o
RE: I never realized that daylilies.....

Interesting. I never noticed...Ellie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here