Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

New York Rita!

mizellie
11 years ago

Rita, I hope you are prepared for the weather that's coming your way. Stay safe!! Ellie

Comments (10)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I am as prepaired as I can get. The thing that really worries me is that they are predicting major power outtages. Saying could be up to 7-10 days. So if no one hears from me you will know my power went out and is still out. Otherwise I will post updates on the weather and storm here.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

maybe you will be a lucky one and not lose your power, I know wishful thinking, but anything is possible.A bunch of our guys here has left already heading there to help restore power.Hope every one stays safe, and away from trees/. Take care Rita.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I was very lucky last year during IRENE. I did not loose power. Watched on the news about all the power outages then which lasted up to two weeks in certain parts of the general NYC area. Sure would love to not loose power this time either but what with the size and expected long duration they are really saying massive power outtages. I can already hear the wind howling out there. And landfall is maybe tomorrow about 7 PM.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

And it is full moon and at high tide. I am very worried about you. Plese stay safe.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Already over 20,000 power outtages in Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Long Island. And the storm is far away still. I am on high ground and storm surge or waves are not a concern. But I have been watching the news this morning and flooding is already taking place in low lying areas.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Just heard on the news that trees are down on LONG ISLAND aalready and some power outages.And they are saying Lomg Island sound is going to have a lot of water too. I guess some from the high tide and some from the storm surge..Hope you ate high enough there that you dont have flooding on your property and home.

jean

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I am looking out my front window and it looks strange out on the water as we have a rock jetty, very long out there which is often used for fishing. It is completely under water now and high tide is like 10PM so you know how high the water must be. Not to worry, I am on high ground and safe from the high tides and waves.

108,000 customers of LIPA (Long Island Power) outtages already. And the storm is not really here. Supposed to hit landfall around 10PM along Sourthern NJ.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

Praying you all make it through safe. Be careful!

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I'm feeling guilty right now, I was just whining about how chilly it is, & windy. I'm glad to be here right now though. Stay safe, Rita!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Well,it picked up speed so they saying its coming on shore right now.I been watching this weather channel all day,and it was showing some huge waves out there, 20 feet high.Thats scary, to me.Hope you are high enough,RIta so the water dont do damage,and the wind, too. be safe.

jean