Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today I ordered Bulbs from Van Engelen

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 16:28

I went bulb crazy this spring already and had ordered from a place direct from Holland, Brecks, American Meadows, Brent&Beckies and Colorblends. But this was before Scheepers and Van Engelen updated for orders for 2012. In the summer I sort of forgot to get back to my last planned order and then in September I thought maybe I just wouldn't order more. But yesterday I kept thinking of what more I wanted to add so I just could not stand it. I ordered 1,600 bulbs from Van Engelen today. I figgure most of you know they are the wholesale division of Scheepers and much cheeper if ordering bulbs in larger unit quantities.

I ordered-
600 crocus
100 iris RETICULATA
250 daffodils
650 tulips

I really must be totally daft as I already have about 1,500 or so bulbs still coming from orders I placed in the spring. Mostly from Brent&Beckies and Colorblends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today I ordered Bulbs from Van Engelen

RITA< Ido believe you just love digging in the dirt and planting things, but we will all have some fabuleous pictures in the spring to look at..You are really going to be planting for some time yet..

jean

o

Jean, I love the way it all looks after I am finished with my projects. Of course I have to wait for spring to see results. I wish these bulbs would hurry up and get here already as it is gonna take me lots of time to get them all planted.

o

It will be even more beautiful than it already is Rita! You will be one busy lil' bee! There's nothing as fun as garden projects anyway! Can't wait to see the pics!

Rena'

o

Have fun planting all those bulbs.

Julia

o

No envy for the planting, but it will be just gorgeous!
kay

o

I keep thinking about how nice it will look next spring and try not to focus on all the work of getting them planted. If I spent too much tume thinking about all the actual planting I would never order any bulbs.

o

I don't know how you do it :) I have a few daffs coming soon, only about 30 or so bulbs though. I am thinking about ordering some more, but NO WHERE NEAR what you have coming. It will be beautiful though. I just love spring flowers!

o

That is a LOT of bulbs! Where on earth do you find room for all those? I used to place orders every fall for bulbs but this will be the first year I won't (I've run out of room until I build more beds). It seems like an eternity waiting all winter to see them bloom doesn't it?
But it sure will be a sight to behold and we can all enjoy your pictures.

Celeste

o

Wow!! I'm wore out just thinking about planting all those bulbs but I'm sure it will be all worth it when they bloom.
Linda

o

I just find room, mostly in and around the daylily beds. Did order more this year than ever before though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here