Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little work in the garden. Hooray!

Posted by organic_kitten 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 17:04

I finally felt like spending a couple of hours in the garden today. I didn't achieve a lot, but did get some of the dead zinnias pulled out and one section of weeds pulled. I planted some pansies and a small patch of collard plants given to me by my neighbor. that's it, but since it has been so long, I really enjoyed myself.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little work in the garden. Hooray!

Glad to read your feeling better. A little bit each time and the tasks will be done before you know it.

Today the sun was shining and they predicted 50's. Thought I'd do some gardening. Got my sunscreen on, old jeans and fleece and then the sun went in, the winds picked up and it only got to low 40's but felt like 30. Decided to stay in. Tonight we are suppose to hit 20's so I guess a hard frost is coming. BUT Wednesday they say we will be back into the 50's. I'll wait to see if it really happens before I put the sunscreen and old jeans on again.

Julia

o

Kay, am so glad you felt like going out in the garden and doing a little out t here.I was outside this afternoon a couple hours.I watered everything as it was so dry out,and the ground hard as a brick again.pulled a few weeds while I was out. was 73 here.Suppose to have storms Thursday, so maybe that will soften up this hard ground..Take care of yourself, kay.

jean

o

It is so good to hear you are feeling well enough to garden. I didn't get outside Sunday, had company, & temps were warm today, but drizzled rain almost all day that just made me feel chilled. Supposed to be warm today & really nice tomorrow, so I'll be outside as soon as the fog lifts today.

o

Thank you, my friends, for responding. It is supposed to be mid seventies today (rained yesterday) so I plan to go out for a while again. As you advised me, Julia, no more than two hours, less if a good bit of hauling. Since I have lost so much (unintended) weight, and have been so inactive, my strength is down, and it would be too easy to overdo.

It does feel wonderful to get out there, though.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here