Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
872 tulips planted so far

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 18:02

I ordered so many bulbs this fall like some crazy nut. But so far only 872 tulips had arrived so they are all planted. Only ordered 2,500 so going to be plenty more bulbs to plant. I have dutch iris, crocus, daffodils, tulips and some hyacinths still to come. Including my Colorblends and Brent&Beckies orders. I figgure those should both arrive maybe mid October. Meantime I was glad these ones just finushed gotten in the ground came early. Makes it easier to get everything done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 872 tulips planted so far

Good grief, Rita! Mine won't be here until December most likely. That's a lot of bulbs, girl, but it will be beautiful!
kay

o

egads! Thats a ton, I know it will look spectacular come next spring and in the coming years. Cant wait for your pictures..

I planted about 300 or so daff bulbs, and a few dozen tulips, I have a hard time with tulips , so dont really bother.. they only last a year here, no matter where in the garden I seem to plant them, they are never happy.

o

Silverkelt, your place is not the only one where the tulips last only one year. Most of them last only one year in most places. I'm in zone 7 and the only one that returned for me 3 years in a row in the same number was Apeldoorn Elite. Some came back twice in reduced numbers, but generally they are just annuals.

o

I didn't know that tulips only last a year up north! I thought they didn't come back for me because I was because I was too far south. I learn something new all the time on this forum! Rita, my back ached a little when I read your post. I'll be looking forward to your Spring garden pics -
Kathy

o

Geez, what a pile of bulbs to plant.I use to have a bunch od daffs, but they slowly disappeared.so dont want to mess with little bulbs no more,I will just injoy every one eolses blooms.

jean

o

Awesome Rita! Your posts make me feel better about my plant/bulb/rhizome/corm/seed binges! I'm in good company! lol

Can't wait to see pics!

Rena'

o

Tulips really don't last, that is why one has to keep on replanting them. But really, I do so love tulips.

I never seem to do much in moderation. When I go crazy, I go crazy. This year I will be planting more bulbs than I ever have before. But it sure is worth it in the spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here