Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Pretending to be Rita

organic_kitten
11 years ago

I am once again reworking the very back bed with the Japanese maple trees and big Snowball trees.

That bed had pretty much gone to pot this year, so I weeded about a third of it and moved two of the daylillies to better spots....full sun and not crowded. I plan to move at least 10 more of them to better spaces, and a few iris are moving also. I am planting two potted rosebushes (old hybrid teas) in the top of the little slope behind the blueberry bushes. Then, I will plant a row of daylilies below the roses, and some annuals or other perennials will fill in the space. I know, technically it is a new bed.

Even more to do. The center of the front yard had a huge bird planted lantana. I am going to put a row of daylilies around it as well. I spent quite a few hours working in the yard last week, and I will be working there again this year also.

This weather is wonderful! typically, low to mid 70s, and it is so good to be able to work outside again.

Oh yes, I know this isn't really in Rita's league:)

kay

Comments (7)

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I bet Rita is busy planting bulbs right now, but you know she is gonna find something to move :) Isn't this the nicest weather, it has been a bit cool today here, but the next week is supposed to be really nice. Fall foliage seems especially beautiful this year. You have been really busy, should be some great pictures from you next year.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Pretending to be Rita? Do you have a few thousand bulbs coming to plant, Too?She just never stops to take a rest I doubt, seems shes always busy planting more bulbs and daylilies or some thing.but, her gardens are so pretty.Yours is very pretty, too.I bet it will be even prettier when you are finished.Its been very nice outside here, too, but,I have been trying to do a few things inside the last few days.not able to do much at a time any more.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I don't think there is a gardener among us that doesn't switch things around each year or add something different. I call it "time for reflection" ;-). Isn't that what gardening is all about? HOWEVER, if you start riping out your plants to put in vegetables then I'd say you caught a bug from Rita. lol.

Enjoy your garden Kay.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Nancy. Rita has already moved a lot of her plants. The weather is fabulous for working in the garden...finally!

Jean, I was referring to Rita's frequent reworking of her garden, not this years tulip extravaganza. I am in the process of a major re-working of iris and daylily beds which makes me think of Rita.

Julia, Rita's vegetable pictures would almost tempt me...almost, but not quite. Too many of my "babies" need better home places.

kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I did my garden redos and move arounds earlier in the year so this fall I don't have to move stuff. I am too busy. Been planting bulbs and planting bulbs. Haven't visited here on the forum in ages. Been so busy and then pooped afterward. Not nearly done with those bulbs yet.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, but you have done many garden redos since I have been on the forum. Rita, I know you have to be sick of planting bulbs, but they will be so beautiful next spring.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

That is why I am planting them. The bulbs en mass are just so stunning and I am so ready foir blooms come spring.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm