Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lori Jones wins 2012 Region 4 Hybridizer's Award

Posted by bourret z5a Maine (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 18:24

I'm happy to announce that Lori Jones has won the 2012 Region 4 Hybridizer's Award with her BIG HONKING FLAMING FLOOZY. My photo. is attached. If you'd like to see more of Lori's introductions here are a few links that you may want to investigate:

http://www.knollcottagedaylilies.com and http://www.harmonhillfarm.com/lorijones.htm .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lori Jones wins 2012 Region 4 Hybridizer's Award

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 23:32

For those of us who don't have the AHS districts right at our fingertips, could you tell us which states incompass Region 4?....I think the daylily and its name are both very kicky. A really nice cherry red color for sure. Congratulations to Ms. Jones...Maryl

o

Region 4 consists of: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Hampshire, New York, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Rhode Island and Vermont.

I bought some of Lori's intros this year to add some different forms into the garden and use for hybridizing.
BIG HONKING HEART THROB
WHIP CITY FLIGHTIE TIGHTY
WHIP CITY BREEZIE
WHIP CITY OOPSIE
WHIP CITY COOCHIE COOCHIE COO

o

That is a very vibrant bloom. I looked and see she has some neat names too.

o

I saw these in person at Harmon Hill Farm this past summer and took their photos for those who are interested. They were very striking in the garden.
Celeste

WHIP CITY FANCY FREE
Whip City Fancy Free

WHIP CITY WIGGIE
Whip City Wiggie

WHIP CITY FLIRTSIE
Whip city Flirtsie

o

I saw some of her intros at this year's National: One very inventive garden bed consisted entirely of intros from female hybridizers, including some of Lori's. I liked the garden presence of her plants so much that I ordered a couple from her when I got back.

As is so often the case, most of the photos I've seen do not do her plants justice. Including my own. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here