Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Kidly mistake, a Kitty, and some fall colour...

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 18:44

A few years ago with my visit to Karol's farm, I lamented about loosing ripening seed pods to frost. She explained the process of cutting the ripening seed pod scapes , throwing them into a bucket of water. I still remember going "really" and the reply... "yes.really"

It really does work, UNLESS, you get get a overhelpful child, who things shes doing a favor, by opening up the not quite ripened pods and bringing them upstairs =(.. sigh, I lost about 50 seeds I think and a few really nice crosses.. OH well, I tried to explain that from now on you ask, before you touch them!

A few things are still blooming, including just purchased fall mums sprinkled thorughout the garden...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some asters, covering rather ugly bare canes on R. Centefolia,

Photobucket

A bumble, still happy for anything thats left...

Photobucket

Just some shots on my road, I will be trying to get some nice fall shots this weekened, will see if the weather works out...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our new kitty, Liza , A shelter cat, who had a broken leg and hip, she is recovering, poor thing, she has show some spirit already and she seems to do very well with our kids. Out of the 40 cats we played with there , she was by far the most understanding with small childen so she came home with us.

Photobucket

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Kidly mistake, a Kitty, and some fall colour...

oh I like the kitty. Shes very pretty. and so cute with the glasses on. the mums are pretty too.and them red and yellow leaves on the trees is so pretty. never see nothing like that here. its all pine trees.

jean

o

Sorry about the seeds, but know you will be doing lots more. Lovely fall pictures, and I love your new kitty. So glad she turned out to be the right one for you. Avedon

o

I just love seeing mums this time of year. Fall foliage is really lacking here this year so far. Maybe this month we will see more color as the temps continue to drop.
Always enjoy the pics of pets.

Julia

o

Hmmm. Apparently I just previewed my answer and never submitted it.

Your photos are lovely as usual. I'm so sorry you had a little too much "help" with your seeds. Life with the little ones.

Your cat is very pretty. So happy you got a good cat and she got a great home. the vet told us that cats with similar markings/colors, are usually very even tempered. That is the case with the three (huge) males we have. good for you to rescue an adult.
kay

o

Love the color of your mums. Liza sure looks like she as settled in well so glad you adopted her from a shelter.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here