Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Last daylilies of the year

shive
11 years ago

Here are some photos of rebloomers from the weekend and today.

FINAL TOUCH

BUTTERED POPCORN

GRAPE TWIZZLER

My very late blooming seedling had its final bloom last Friday.

Cosmic Sensation X Alan Lane Again

ICE CREAM EMPEROR and WHEEL OF TIME have some well-budded scapes ready to bloom again. But a possible frost tonight may nip that in the bud.

Debra

Comments (9)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Debra. love that seedling. and fINAL TOUCH is always so pretty.

jean

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Debra, Nice show for this time of year! The only daylily blooming here is INSIDER TRADING. I think it has one more bud left.
    Kathy

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Nice to see blooms. Your seedling is still going which is a plus.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

The blooms are very pretty, Debra. That seedling is lovely with the fine white edge.

We were very near to frost this morning, if we didn't quite make it. I have a nice scape that I should already have taken a picture of since two blooms have opened, and also, n iris that has decided to rebloom.

kay

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

You sure seem to have a long season of blooms! The seedling is such a pretty color and the fact that it's a Late gives it extra appeal. I love that one!

Celeste

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, we missed the frost on Monday night, but there's another frost warning tonight. I think I will cover the buds on Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel of Time since after tonight we're going to have a warmup for the next 10 days.

Celeste - The seedling blooms became very dark and lost the watermark in the cool fall temperatures. The last blooms were also much rounder that the first larger, triangular blooms. The edge is definitely heat dependent. The first couple blooms had a lot more silver baubles and white teeth. It will be interesting to see what it does next year in the heat of summer.

Debra

• nat4b
    11 years ago

How nice to see pretty flowers in October!

I only have a few buds left on Beautiful Edgings and Carnival in Brazil, and I don't think they are going to open, too cold. Carnival opened several days ago and it was just red, nothing else. Stayed half-open for 3 days :)

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

With the cooler weather, my daylilies have been staying open for two days this week. The photos of Final Touch and Grape Twizzler above were taken on the second day.

I wrapped the buds on Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel of Time in aluminum foil last night as a frost precaution. We missed the frost again - just had heavy dew.

Debra

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Love your seedling Debra, it's beautiful. I have 7 or 8 new ones from Maryott's with scapes coming up. I hope you post your Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel Of Time when they bloom.
    I was thinkin' about adding Wheel Of Time this year. If not this year definitely next. However, if I think about it long enough it'll be this year.

I found some sellers on the LA who say "Spring Shipping Only" to agree to ship to me this fall since 1.) I understand they will be looking yellow/bedraggled. 2.) I live in a mild climate.

I'm glad you missed the frost again.

Debra don't you have some that you registered? Do you sell also?

Rena'