Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryl_gw

The best of your new daylilies this year.

I had many new daylilies this year that bloomed very nicely indeed, but one really lived up to all my expectations. I'd wanted it for awhile but hadn't seen it in person to verify if it was as pretty as its pictures. After its first few blooms I knew it was true love. Pink Aloha was the daylily. Was there any new to you daylily that really wowed you this year?.....Maryl

Pink Aloha:

Comments (10)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Oh MaryL.That is a very beautiful daylily. I don't have no new ones this year to brag about.but this PINK ALOHA is a beauty for sure.

jean

• dementieva
    10 years ago

J.T. DAVIS and AMERICAN FREEDOM were both exceptional. I'll be curious if they rebloom so much next year now that they're a year removed from California conditions. J.T. DAVIS practically glows in the dark.

Nate

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I wanted a new daylily, so bad this year, but,alas, could not afford one, at any price after paying for house insurance this year, Took every penny I could muster up.(and I didn't even care what daylily either,as long as it was a new one for me :(, Oh well, maybe next year, I would love to have a fan of SEABISCUIT, named after the famous race horse. I do have a young seedling growing that the bees pollinated.
    cherrystone X??

jean

• ozzysboy
    10 years ago

This was my absolute favorite new one: Linda Michaels' "Mothra". The plant was vigorous and strong and the flowers were shocking--big, confident and imposing and yet still gave a sense of motion. Lots of blooms too. Second favorite new one: Art Gallery Wisdom Tooth--also lots of bloom and it proved to be quite pod fertile.

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

Arctic Bear was new last year but this year was the first for blooms.

• ozzysboy
    10 years ago

That Arctic Bear is a beaut--the Benz's really are special, and I want that one when it comes it at an affordable price.

• shive
    10 years ago

Pink Aloha was one of my new ones this season too. While it was a very pretty pink, it didn't perform as well as another new pink I added. Lillian's Jinger Bred was my best new acquisition.

LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's a pretty pink too Debra. I'm particularly partial to the corduroy effect on the petals. Ozzie: The color on Mothra is very striking. I can see why it's one of your favorites. Edward: I always look forward to your daylilies, and this one is no exception. You seem to have many nice whites. Jean: I hope next year you are able to get Seabiscuit. There's a short list of ones I'd sure like to try (Buffalo Thunder anyone?), but they are much too expensive for me right now, so what's a gal to do but wait until the price comes down?.......Maryl

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

My new one is from last year too. Don't get much bloom here on first year plants.
    Alexis Sunny Pants was probably the best performer in my garden. It easily outperformed many well established plants.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Artic bear is gorgeous. Very pretty one. and I really like
    LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED too, such a preert pink.

Thanks MaryL. Maybe I be able to geta new one next year.

jean