Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_barginear

Preferred Daylily Nurseries

Nancy Barginear
16 years ago

It would be helpful for visitors to this forum, especially new people, to know of daylily nurseries that are reliable. I am listing below those nurseries that have sent me good, healthy plants.

Aren't I Pretty Daylilies

Bentley Gardens

Borden's Daylily Garden

Christie's Daylilies

Cottage Gardens

Marietta Gardens

Maryott's Gardens

New Every Morning Daylily Garden

Plum Hill Farm Daylilies

Rainswood Gardens Daylily Nursery

Sunset Meadow Daylily Farm

Valley of the Daylilies

Of course, I would urge anyone to thoroughly research nurseries on-line before placing an order, both here at GW and at Dave's "Garden Watcdog." One nursery short-changed me two daylilies, and upon notification, would not send me the missing plants that I had paid for. From another nursery, the majority of the plants I purchased from them died, probably due to overheating during shipment. They did not replace the plants that I lost. (They offered a refund, but only if I sent all the plants back, both living and dead.)

Nancy

Comments (14)

• juliet11
    16 years ago

Thanks for your list Nancy - I was considering ordering from Aren't I Pretty Daylilies - I'm glad you got good plants from them.

I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with any of the daylily orders I've received so far (I did try to research the nurseries before I ordered).

I've gotten good orders in the past year or so from:

Cottage Gardens
    Ladybug Daylilies
    Marietta Gardens (although unlike all the other places I've ordered from they didn't let me suggest what I'd like as a bonus)

A few years ago I ordered from Oakes (expensive, but they sent clumps), Piedmont Perennials (now renamed Woodhenge Gardens), and Homestead Farms (inexpensive, mostly older daylilies) and got good plants from them too.

Years ago before I knew I should order daylilies from nurseries that specialized in them, I did have a problem with an order from Dutch Gardens (it was the wrong flower). They refunded my money without a hassle.

Juliet

• okbt
    16 years ago

A few more:
    North Country Daylilies
    Northern Lights Daylilies
    Wynn's Daylily Garden

Betsy

• lilynut
    16 years ago

Art Gallery Gardens
    Jordan's Daylilies
    Yost Family Daylily Garden

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

A few more really good ones that I don't see listed already are:

Flynn Daylily Gardens
    Dragonfly Hill Daylilies
    Ridaught Daylily Farm
    JTM Gardens (who BTW, has their 08 intros up)
    Hem Haven Daylily Nursery
    Ric-A-Tee Daylily Garden

I have ordered dl's from all of the above and been more than satisfied with their plants and their service.
    Jan

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Well, all of the ones I would recommend are listed above. Maryott is my fav but I really like Flnns...Ellie

• Nancy Barginear
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all for adding to the list. I have Flynn's on my list for spring orders, but haven't yet done business with them.

Juliet, I know what you mean! I ordered dwarf cannas, and they sent giants that grew over 8 feet tall and multiplied like crazy. That didn't work too well in an 18" raised bed!
    I had to hire someone to dig them up. The nursery has offered to send me the correct ones this coming spring, but little did they realize what a mess they created. Now I have to try and find a place for them. I offered to trade them for daylilies, but didn't get any takers.

Nancy

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

I've ordered from many of those sources listed above and had mostly good results. Here's a few more good ones:

DUTCHMILL GARDENS
    SINGING OAKES GARDENS
    QUARLES DAYLILIES
    PATRON GARDENS
    RACCOON CREEK FARM
    LEDGEWOOD GARDENS
    PEASE ON EARTH
    SASSAFRAS GARDEN
    FARMHOUSE DAYLILY GARDEN

• lilynut
    16 years ago

Forgot Greywood Farm.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greywood Farm

• Nancy Barginear
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all for adding to the list. I have Flynn's on my list for spring orders, but haven't yet done business with them.

Juliet, I know what you mean! I ordered dwarf cannas, and they sent giants that grew over 8 feet tall and multiplied like crazy. That didn't work too well in an 18" raised bed!
    I had to hire someone to dig them up. The nursery has offered to send me the correct ones this coming spring, but little did they realize what a mess they created. Now I have to try and find a place for them. I offered to trade them for daylilies, but didn't get any takers.

Nancy

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Gee,I sure didn't know there was so many places to buy daylilies.BUT I am new to them,just my second year with them.No one mentioned Gilbert Wild Nursery.I have ordered 5 or 6 DL's at a time 3 different times from them.First time I went in with two other people,and ordered 5 that was on sale, and twice I have ordered 6 at a time while they were on a sale,and I received very nice plants every time,plus a bonus plant.What I liked about it was they charge only 6.95 postage on what ever you order. That first order with two other people,was 18 plants and shipping was still 6.95 for them...well, just thought I would add my little 2 cents worth here :)

Jean

• shive
    16 years ago

Many of my favorites have already been posted. Here are a couple that haven't.

Daylily Haven Iris Gardens
    Favorite Things Daylily Gardens

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let's add our list of vendors from the Lily Auction that we heartily approve of!

Here's one:

D. & M. Daylilies, 491 CR 401, Falkner MS 38629, email: marvinwilkins@msn.com

Nancy

• dragonkeep
    16 years ago

I had great good fortune with Flourishing Daylilies in California.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus