Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allan4519

Oz images

allan4519
12 years ago

Hi All, what a busy forum? Am away for a few days & can not even see my last?? hope no one had any questions answered????

Is raining today & so am showing images taken yesterday or the day before?;

Lilium longiflorum in flower at present;

{{gwi:982607}}

close up of flowers;

{{gwi:982608}}

Daylily beds looking a little shabby even though this is peak season;

{{gwi:982609}}

Daylily Meryl (Nunan G. Oz ) first season this plant has had rust;

{{gwi:982610}}

Close up of Meryl flower;

{{gwi:982611}}

Seedling keeper from a few years ago, Roses in Snow x Breaking the Rules, Again first year with lots of rust;

{{gwi:982612}}

Another seedling keeper from 5 years ago, still a good performer, Velvet Eyes x First Knight;

{{gwi:982613}}

As I do not spray for rust or thrip etc. am not surprised that with the cool humid to warm spring weather, many plants are showing lots of rust.

Comments (10)

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

Hi. Love your daylilies, expecially Meryl. The seedling below it is really nice to. Your daylily beds are so neat. Thanks for posting. Marg

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Love lilium longiflorum--it has such a beautiful fragrance. Meryl is a very pretty daylily and I like all the others, too. Keep those pictures coming, since so many of us are suffering from d.lily deprivation. Avedon

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Love your daylily meryl.Its gorgeous, all the daylilies are very pretty, and I love them other lilies, too,Thanks for sharing them

jean

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Meryl is a beauty, & your seedlings are great! Your longiflorum lilies are so pretty, I can't wait til mine multiply to a nice group like yours. Your garden looks so good to me, I miss my daylilies so much.

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

Your seedlings are great! It is so uplifting to see daylily photos when outside there's snow covering mine which are in slumberland. Your longiflorum lilies look ravishing and since I grow lots of lilies myself I know they smell divine. I loved it when I woke up each morning to the perfume of hundreds of lilies and I miss it...so thanks for sharing yours.

Celeste

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Meryl is super pretty! Love seeing bed shots like that too! All the pretty green and color everywhere! Grrrr.....we are brown everywhere now. Hurry up spring!

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Everything looks good to me!! Great pictures. The white lilies are so beautiful. thanks for posting.
    cindy

• allan4519
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi all thank you all for the compliments, my beds are raised to stop a local carnivorous dwarf relative of the kangaroo, digging them up for worms etc.,
    When I traveled the US years ago, was under the impression that we (Oz gardeners) were very casual in how we made gardens? Guess I must have been looking at the manicured city gardens assuming every one else did the same??? :o(

Have been away for the day doing bromeliad stuff, so have only got images taken the other day to show?;
    A yellow seedling with a pretty flower out;
    {{gwi:982614}}

Large terrestrial bromeliads "Alcantarea" (burnt in the winter frost) are now starting to flower;
    {{gwi:982615}}

Colorful dwarf bromeliads (some damaged through insecticide burn last season) are showing the spring flowers & foliage color;
    {{gwi:982616}}

A dwarf, pendular, flowering bromeliad; "Vriesea rubyae", doing its' thing;
    {{gwi:982617}}

The upright flower of a bromeliad called "Aechmea retusa" starting its season, this flower will keep growing until it is approximately double the current size;
    {{gwi:982618}}

Due to the cool spring nights, my caladium collection is only just sending up foliage where as previous years the plants would all be in full foliage by now, even more so than the one in the foreground;
    {{gwi:982620}}

cheers will try to take more new images soon?

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I learned something new today, I never knew that kangaroos ate worms! Your yellow seedling is lovely. I don't usually like that shade of yellow but on that one it's really nice. Your bromeaids are nice to, I especially like the one "Aechmea retusa" & "Vriesea rubyae". Thanks for posting. Marg

• allan4519
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Will post some images soon though to answer your comment Marg,

The family the Kangaroo comes from, is extensive; from tree dwelling vegetarians in the tropical forests to giant Red kangaroos in the deserts to cute meat eating dwarf species found over on the coast commonly called the "Bandicoot" even burrowing species in the central deserts. cheers allan

Here is a link that might be useful: Bandicoot images

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus