Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floota

In the pink...

floota
11 years ago

Finally had a chance to do more blogging. This time, I'm blogging on my second favorite color, pink daylilies!

See the link below if you like pink daylilies.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the pink..

Comments (16)

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Really enjoyed your blog--what is your opinion of the pink double Knocks Your Socks Off? I am considering buying it. Avedon

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Actually I grow that one and had planned to mention it in the next blog. Stay tuned!

• gdjcb
    11 years ago

Being new to daylilies your blogs have been a great place for info and ideas, I have read all 44, thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to more and am hoping the future may hold a blog on eye/edged daylilies, hint, hint.

Gale

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Love pinks too, Floota. Thank you for the lovely photos and the information.
    kay

• sensiblegardening
    11 years ago

I enjoyed your photos, Bali Watercolor is a favorite of mine as well.

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! Read on if you enjoy pinks. Part 2 of "In the Pink" was just added! Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Pink, Part 2

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks, Floota, I seem to remember you showing this one in another blog, and that's why I was interested. As it happens, the order for Knocks Your Socks Off is now in, and will arrive next spring. It should do well here, since my husband is very good about watering. There are a lot of super pinks in this blog and maybe I will be able to get some of them as time goes by. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Lovely as always, and I suspect a convention would "break" me since your posts generally have several cultivars that I realize I need...and this is no exception. I especially liked Neon Flamenco and Oliver Billingsley.

Your garden is always magnificent. Thank you for sharing your lovely blooms.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I just knew there had to be a part 2. Quite a good selection of pinks I must say. Stamile's pinks always turn my head. I grew Leslie Renee this year and she was a lighter color then yours, but still gorgeous. She was so covered with diamond dust at one point that I took a picture and sent it to a non-daylily friend. She'd never heard of such a thing and was amazed.....I can see Knock Your Socks Off in my garden too, and although I like the full figured gals the most, I'm really smitten with Miss Piggy. Ironic that she's not more rounded-lol....Quite a show you put on. So nice to see more of your daylilies.....Maryl

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks much, everyone. There are still enough that I'll be adding a Part 3. However, However, where to go after that?
    Will have to think a bit.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Have any doubles?....Maryl

• virginialily
    11 years ago

Floota, I love reading your blogs! I absolutely must have 'Rose F. Kennedy'. Such a beautiful daylily, Great pictures too.

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks,everyone. Maryl, there is a blog about doubles already if you look in the older archives. Lots to talk about this winter. Blue eyes, edges,other colors, I'm even thinking orange since I claim not to like them so much!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Orange!!! Oh yes. I need a good deep, colorfast orange. Since my Bittersweet Destiny rusted away this year, I can't seem to find any that really WOW me. Love to see what you have....And will look in your archieves for doubles...Love edges too, although I don't think you favor the "fat" like I do, but maybe so...Thanks.......Maryl

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Part 3, the LAST blog I'll do on pinks for awhile, was just added! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Pink, the last chapter....

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

Signature Truffle catches my eye. I can't seem to get two pictures of it that look alike however (although both of your photos are dissimilar in color, I find both colors most pleasing to me -which is why I looked it up). It reminds me somewhat of the pics I've seen of Dorothy and Toto. Any comparison to D&T?....Maryl