Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xokientx

2014 pink seedling

Ed
9 years ago

I was attracted to this pink seedling this season. I like the defined colors. Don't know where to go with it, except maybe add more ruffled edge.

Comments (15)

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Great like it is! Love the true pinks.

Sherry

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another pinkish this season I was happy with.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

That pink is a lovely clear color
    kay

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks you guys. Glad you like them.
    Ed

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Love the green throat on the first one and I think the second one is a stunner. I love polychromes, and the ruffled edge makes it different than most I've seen. Any plans to introduce either?

Chris

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I really like both of them, very pretty ones.

jean

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Wow, that first one with the large green throat is a stunningly beautiful Daylily, the 2nd on is very nice and I really like the edge on it.

Gale

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Chris and Jean, glad you like them. I think these are two year seedlings Chris, and I haven't had enough time to evaluate them to make any decisions about registration. The second seedling looks like it lacks substance. The winds up here in Oklahoma are fierce and it look like the flower has a couple of tears in it. But it does have nice form and nice color. I crossed it heavily with this seedling to try to improve the substance.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Love the form and subtle sculpting on the last seedling. I hope it does the trick for your polychrome.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Glad I tuned in. Both seedlings are lovely. The first looks more mauve pink to me then bubblegum pink, but that could just be my moniter or my eyes. I'd take it either way. The second one has a form and an edge that "sends" me. The polychrome color is so pretty. You are right though about Oklahoma winds. Needs to be sturdy in order to withstand our spring "breezes". ....I'd be proud as punch if I had produced either one of those. Congratulations are in order...........Maryl

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all. Glad you like them.
    Ed

• kabby_z8
    9 years ago

Hey Ed!!!! Kabby waving wildly! Your seedlings are beautiful, Im so glad I've gotten to see some of your up to date hybridizing work. It's too bad that all of Tom Wilson's cvs are dips, they have magnificent substance for you to cross with, make you want to take a bite of out of them.
    Hope you and the family are well, have been looking for you!

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey kiddo! We're good, hope yous are too. Sent you an email.

I love Tom Wilson's flowers. Have several of them. He and Lee Gates did so many great ones. I do have a couple of dip lines going and getting close to another intro.

Good to hear from you! Ed

You like this dip seedling?

• kabby_z8
    9 years ago

I ADORE that seedling! How big is it? That could be a Tom Wilson, a beautiful clear pink, ruffling, a little gold edge, and that gorgeous green throat. Yummy!

• Ed
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Kabby,
    It's about 5 inches, 24 inches high. Probably needs to be a little flatter to be a Tom Wilson but I agree on the throat.
    Glad you like it - thanks.
    Ed