Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exploded Pumpkin

Posted by grass_lover z5a IA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 11:26

Hi Guys, I've been bitten with the daylily bug and have been looking for an Exploded Pumpkin that I can buy from a reputable dealer. It seems like the source for this lily is Spring hill Nursery, or Dutch Bulbs and they both get poor reviews at Daves Garden. I tried to buy one off Ebay last year and it turned out to be a Roswitha. I like the plant but am still in the market for an EP. :( If anyone knows of a nursery selling it or actually managed to buy one from Spring Hill, please let me know. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exploded Pumpkin

Exploded Pumpkin is not registered by the AHS. I would say the this is a name someone made up to sell a daylily that may or may not be registered under another name.

o

It does look a lot like Gerrie Frankenburger, and it's pretty close to Turning up the Heat. May have to go with one of the above.. I just liked the EP name. :)

o

Have you checked with Gilber Wilde?????

o

I don't think it's on their site now, but they might have sold out. Want to thank you for the suggestion though, maybe I can check back with them in the spring.

o

Hi Grass Lover. I beleive Exploded Pumpkin is a Gerard Heemskerk intro not yet registered. I do have several of his cultivars and I especially like his Black Stockings and Macbeth. You may find EP in the spring at some of the local nurseries. Good luck, cheers, lloyd

o

Good information to have Lloyd! Thank you... I've just spent a little time on his site and it was fun to recognize some of the plants I've been watching go through auctions for the last year. (I've studied the plants but not the hybridizers so this is all still pretty much new to me.) Anyway knowing the daylily comes from a known hybridizer makes me feel a little better about buying it.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 13:10

I have been looking for information about Gerard Heemskerk but can't find any. Does he have a web site? Marg

o

The link's below, but his nursery isn't located in America, and at the time of my last post I thought he'd hybridized the lilies on his site. I was looking at Ageless Beauty and 8 miles high and thinking they were his. -I'm still glad to have his name though, may have to start paying more attention to the people behind the plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heemskerk Plants

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here