Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HEre's to a floriferous daylily season next year!

Posted by crackingtheconcrete 7aNY (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 13:01

*cheers*
I was actually intending to post a picture of yellow pinwheel for you for some summer sunshine, but my wireless is not cooperating.
I was just talking with my mom and we both think we quite literally missed the bloom of 50% of our plants this year due to heat, insane aphids, and beetles which I have never before seen that saw my plants as the newest dream buffet.
I am excited to see what will come up next year an am hoping for triple blooming power!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HEre's to a floriferous daylily season next year!

Well, and there's the picture! Lol
Happy Sunday!

o

Beautiful bloom.Looks like BUttered Popcorn. very pretty.

o

Thanks, Jean :)
I love it because it is very showy when in bloom!

o

Hey, CTC, sure glad to hear from you, I am sure many of us were wondering how you were doing when Hurricane Sandy came through. Love the picture, sure brightens the day. For crazies, try this one--not a DL, but very colorful and who would figure azaleas blooming this time of year---this is not supposed to be a rebloomer. It is Red Ruffles and it looks better now than it did in the spring. Avedon

Red Ruffles #3

o

So glad you checked in. This was indeed a very hot miserable gardening year. Hey, we are at the point now of anticipating next year's blooms. IAs Avedon said, we were worried about you.
kay

o

Thanks so much for thinking of me! We had flickering lights but lost no power so we were very grateful!
Love that hot pink/red azalea! I was hoping to plant autumn crocus for something blooming but just haven't gotten it together yet.

o

I'm so glad you are doing OK CTC! Last I heard, there were still a lot of people without power, unbelievable.
I think my daylilies had a pretty normal year, some were good & others had an off year. June was REALLY hot & definitely affected the blooms. With everything blooming early I thought I wouldn't have much late bloom. Oddly, I still had a few daylilies reblooming until Tuesday when we had a really hard freeze. Temps got down to low/mid 20s in some areas. We had some rather hard frosts before, but the daylilies made it through. I really didn't know they could handle frost like that.

o

OMG YES! May everything go crazy to make up for lost time! I have so many seedlings that should have bloomed last year, which means I couldn't get rid of the yucky ones, which means I have a ton of seeds that I either have to make new beds for or go crazy in 2013 being the executioner (sp?) to a bunch of unsuspecting seedlings. Yikes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here