marricgardens

stippled seedling

marricgardens
9 years ago

This is a sibling to the purple seedling. Marg

Comments (9)

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

This is a very nice one - so pretty in pink!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

This is a very pretty pink one.Thanks for posting it.

jean

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Hi Marric, i have really enjoyed seeing your seedlings! I am kind of getting a bug to try the seedling thing. What methods are you using, lights? Greenhouse? Winter sowing? Just wondering what is working for you, we are in the same zone.

Sherry

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi. Just to let you know, I'm in Canada. So far I've started seeds under lights about the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. I start them inside and grow them til May when I plant them in the garden. I usually get blooms the next summer. It's to late this year but next year I want to try wintersowing to see how that works. Maybe if we get another warm spell and I can get into the garden, I'll still have time to put a pot outside and see how it does. I believe there are some here who plant directly outside and they can let you know. Just ask! Hope this helps. Marg

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Marg, i see you are in Ontario, i am about 50 miles west of Chicago, i am guessing our weather is very similar. I dont have a place to grow seeds inside but was thinking I would try winter sowing next year. I planted a few daylily seeds outside this September on a whim. Dont know if that will work. Maybe we can compare notes in 2016!

Sherry

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Sherry, I planted directly outside in late April, 2013 and had good germination (85-90%). I had two of the plants send up scapes this year, but to late for blooms, and I'm hoping, that means I will see lots of blooms next year as two-year-old seedlings. I planted early May this year and again had good germination. I'm a little warmer than you, actually changed to 6a two years ago for zone, so not sure how long blooming would take for you. I'm new to this my self, but hope this info may help.

Gale

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Gale, glad to hear what has worked for you! I feel optimistic about my seeds now! Even if they don't germinate I will probably try next season anyway!

Sherry

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Sherry, Good luck, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you are in need of more seeds to work with, let me know, I have plenty of bee pods I collected this fall and now won't plant, thanks to the LA. I kept track of pod parent, obviously no pollen info.

Gale

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sherry, just remember that if your seeds don't come up right away, they may come up later in the season or even the next year. I've kept watering the spot where one never came up and it did surface the next year! Marg

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?