Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double River Wye

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 8:45

I thought I'd asked this before but if I did I can't find my old post so I apologize if this is a repeat performance. A few years ago I was going to buy DRW. The nursery owner asked me why I would want that one when there were so many nicer ones out there. She said DRW never did grow very well for her and it flowered for such a short time, I believed her so didn't buy it then but now I'm wondering. I've thought it might be a warmer climate daylily so I looked it up on ATP and it is hardy to -40. If there is anyone who lives in a colder zone, 5a or lower, and has this one, could you please let me know how well it does for you? BTW, I just checked her site and now she has it listed at $5/pot. Thanks. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double River Wye

I don't think I've seen any negative remarks about it on my forum hop around the internet. Many people do not want yellows but I love them. They add a bit of contrast.
I, for one, love DRW and it grows great here and if anything survives our winters, especially this one we are experiencing this year, it is a keeper in my book.
I wish I could send you a double fan to try but since your in Canada it wouldn't be feasible. :-(.

Julia

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 18:01

Thanks Julia. I like the soft yellow color and the form. How long does it flower for you? I was told not very long so I didn't bother to buy it. Now I wish I had. Your picture is beautiful! Marg.

o

According to my picture file for 2013 season, it starts blooming end of June and continued through end of July here in my garden.
Julia

o

Double River Wye does well in my zone 5a. It's even rebloomed the last couple of years which is rare for me. - It was planted in 2010, so has made it through a few winters.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 18:40

Great news! I'm also in Z5a. Thanks Marg

o

I'm your neighbor to the south (Syracuse, NY area), but I'm still zone 5A. I planted Double River Wye two years ago. It put on a good show and even was a rebloomer for me! I bought it in a lot from the Lily Auction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here