Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Merry Christmas

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

Wishing all the forum friends a Merry Christmas. A bit hectic this week here and our son and daughter arrive on the weekend and staying till after Christmas day. I got the tree decorated and a few decorations done inside. I notice as I get older, I tend to decorate less and find that less is best LOL.

Enjoy!

Comments (11)

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful tree.

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

You tree is gorgeous. We don't even have a tree this year since we'll be spending Christmas visiting with our grandsons. Hope you and everyone on the forum have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas, Julia and all.

I, too, dcorate a lot less than I used to. I actually dread decorating the tree since it is huge and there are so many ornaments...need a smaller tree. That being said, I am enjoying having the nutcrackers out this year...but Dickens village is still in the attic.

I have been too busy making a couple of quilts...not likely to do that in a rush again, although they turned out well.

Hope everyone is doing well this year.

kay

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas, Julia, and also to your family. May you have a lovely holiday season. The same greeting to all Forum friends. I am posting last year's picture of our tree, since this year's picture was really sorry. We call it "Old Baldy" and it shed so many more needles this time out, that it is definitely going to that Great Christmas Tree Dumpster In the Sky". Next year, we are going to get something much smaller, since we are getting on, and we need less climbing up and down on ladders. Have a great New Year everyone. and may all your daylilies be super fantastic in 2013. Avedon

• sensiblegardening
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas to Everyone!! My son arrives today, should be great fun. I decorate less too, I used to do much more when the kids where still at home.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I've got a Bah Humbug type DH, and all the decorating is left up to me. Like many have said here that means that the older I get the less inclined I am to go to all that work for just the two of us and a few friends. That doesn't mean the spirit is not with me though, so to all on this forum: Merry Christmas and may visions of daylilies dance in your head.......Maryl

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Merry, merry Christmas to you Julia and to each & every one here on the forum! I love the pictures of the Christmas trees you all posted. Maryl, my hubby likewise leaves all the decorating up to me and gets moody around the holidays but I'm not going to be a bah-humbug along with him! I did tons of decorating, inside and out because my little 2-yr. old grandson is at the age when he can get excited about Christmas. His little brother is due on Christmas Day! We are on pins and needles to see if he will come on Christmas or not. We thought he would
    be here by now since his mom has been stuck at 3 cm dilated for 2 weeks and Connor was 2 weeks early. (My son & DIL are the parents to these two)....and now my oldest daughter is pregnant & living with us, so another grandbaby in June!
    I have my hands full with caregiving for my mom, Connor, and soon 2 more babies. I hope I can manage to keep up with all my roses, daylilies and gardens this summer! I sure do miss all the day-to-day postings and excitement on this forum and ALL OF YOU! Have a healthy & happy 2013.

Celeste

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hope you all had a great Christmas. We did and now need to stop all the feasting. I think I gained another 10 pounds.
    :-D but worked it all off today by cleaning up from the snowstorm. LOL.
    Avedon: Love the tree pic.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hey, Julia, wondered if you were out with the snow shovel since you got a good snowfall. Amazingly, we had a "white Christmas"--came in with about a quarter inch of the white stuff. The really good news is that before the rain changed to snow, we received a whopping 2.50 inches of rain and that is the best Christmas present we could have received. This means we will exceed the total of rain we had in 2010. We are supposed to possibly get more rain this coming week, maybe on New Year's Eve, but that's okay with us--bring it on. Glad you liked the tree, I went to the "big city" yesterday to try to get a different tree, but there was nothing I would spend money on. Guess "Old Baldy" will be back next year, unless I can find a good tree in December of next year. Very best New Year's wishes to you, your family, and all Forum Friends!! Avedon

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Funny you mention the rain as we had a couple of days of heavy rain and then the storm blew through and now we have all this white stuff. We got most of the areas cleared but we are due for a couple of inches tomorrow-Saturday. :-(.

Dropped our daughter off at the airport this morning after her Wednesday flights were canceled due to the storm. Only to hear now that her connecting flight from Philly to La Guardia (NYC) has been canceled (didn't know till she reached Philly) so she is stuck for now in Philly trying to get another connecting flight. Hopefully she can make it back home today. Reminds me of that movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Hope you find a tree bargain.

Julia

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Wow,These trees are beautiful.I was not home or able to put up a tree this year since had a broken wrist.Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and a great coming New Year.

Jean

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County