Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpenter Special

Posted by juliany 5/6 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 6, 11 at 15:55

I just noticed that Mark Carpenter updated his site with a December special offer. I would love to get COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE but not sure how it would do here in a zone 5/6. I just love the face on it and I bet it would make some nice kids.

Julia

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily Farm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpenter Special

Julia,
I live in zone 7b and I got it last year. It did not bloom this year, and as far as I can tell, it has not yet increased, and is still a single fan. I love the way it looks, and hope to have bloom this next spring.
kay

o

Kay: did you buy it as a single fan? Your zone is higher than mine so if your not seeing any increase, I think it is a good thing I passed it up.

Julia

o

I was lucky enough to see COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE when it was still a seedling under evaluation in Jack's shadehouse. I asked him if he'd sell me a piece and he laughed so hard he almost fell out of his cart. Then he complimented me on my taste, so I figured that meant "no." :-)

o

Ah, that is so funny random harvest. Your very lucky to actually have visited The Lily Farm. Must be wonderful to take in all those blooms during peak bloom.

I did contact Mark and he indicated that CK should be okay for my zone and if it didn't make it, he would make it right. To me, that speaks volumes for a seller willing to stand behind what they sell.

Julia

o

I love the looks of SUMMER SNOWBALL. very pretty daylilies.

o

A trip to the Lily Farm is something everyone should try to do. It's simply amazing to see so many daylilies cultured to perfection and displayed for all to enjoy. Hard to see everything in one day.

I'll miss haggling with Jack but Mark is a perfect choice to carry on the legacy of Carpenter daylilies. He's a stand-up guy who's word is as good as gold.
Ed

o

i emailed mark and he said that it's been sent all over the north and they haven't heard any complaints about it. i know people that say it increases well in ohio, so i'm taking a chance on it.

o

So did I Cody.:-).

Still checking out a couple more that I've heard have done good in the north. Anyone have experience with the following:
FELIZ NAVIDAD (EV)
BI-COLOR BEAUTIFUL (DOR)
MISSISSIPPI RED DRAGON (DOR)

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here