Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spiders & UF's from this summer

Posted by pamghatten wny5 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 18:14

I've finally organized an uploaded my photos from this summer, so here are some of my favorites, and/or new to me daylilies:

Almost Paradise - new to me
Almost Paradise 11-2

Angelus Spangles - a favorite
Angelus Spangles 11

Black Falcon Ritual - new to me
Black Falcon Ritual 11-2

Blazing Lampsticks - new to me, love these "hot" oranges
Blazing Lampsticks 11-2

Brooklyn Twist - a favorite
Brooklyn Twist 11-3

Carolicolossal - an oldie but goody
Carolicolossal 11

Charon the Ferryman - new to me, good late one
Charon the Ferryman 11-2

Cowboy Scarf - new to me
Cowboy Scarf 11-2

Delta Force - newer to me
Delta Force 11

Dragonfly Dreams - Newer to me
Dragonfly Dreams 11

Dragonfly in Flight - new to me, a Bob Faulkner DL
Dragonfly in Flight 11

Flamingo Flambeau - newer, one of my friend Linda's
Flamingo Flambeau 11=2

Gavin Petit - newer
Gavin Petit 11

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme - new to me
Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie 11

Glen Eyrie - a favorite
Glen Eyrie 11

heavenlt Beginnings - newer
Heavenly Beginnings 11

Heavens Proclaim - newer
Heavens Proclaim 11

Integrated Logistics - new to me
Integrated Logistics 11

Julie Newmar - newer, a little tender but a really pretty flower.
Julie Newmar 11

I've purchased a bunch of Curt Hanson's daylilies after seeing so many pictures from all of you.

I'll add more later.

Enjoy, Pam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spiders & UF's from this summer

Thanks for sending these along. By now, everybody needs a daylily fix. I really like them all, but Angelus Spangles, Blazing Lampsticks, Delta Force,Integrated Logistics, and especially Gimme, Gimme,Gimme are favs for me. I would like to get Judy Davisson's Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, but on her website it is listed as sold out, holding for increase. When did you get yours, and did you buy it directly from her? Avedon

o

Just the fix I needed this morning! All of them are beautiful but my faves are Carolicolossal, Delta Force, Dragonfly in Flight, Heavens Proclaim. Julie Newmar is on my wish list. Thanks for posting. Marg

o

Those are really fantastic!!!
Hard to choose a favorite, but I especially like Glen Eyrie, Blazing Lampsticks, Brooklyn Twist, and Integrated Logistics...and both yellows. Did you get really good blooms/bud count from them or is it too early to tell?

o

Glen Eyrie is one I've had for a while, and blooms like crazy ... the others are too new ...

o

Nice selection Pam.
I've been looking at Flamingo Flambeau as it seems so bright and love the green throat on it.

Black Falcon Ritual (Hanson) did outstanding here this year. My second full season and it really did great. I plan to use it this coming season with something that has a pattern. Pod fertile as bees decided to hybridize it this season but I snapped the pods off.
Oddly enough, Stealth Bomber (Hanson) did great the first season but second season, not so good. Not sure why. Hopefully this coming season it does better. I'd love to do a cross with that one also.

Julia

o

Very nice group! Blazing Lampsticks really caught my eye. I love screaming, hot oranges, too.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here