Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rats! Another Freeze

Posted by organic_kitten 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 10, 11 at 22:25

This one is bound to finish the roses that were still blooming. (Pam's Pink and Lilac Dawn...plus a lot of blooms on Glamis Castle)

Well, at least there's Christmas and then New Years.

Then two dreary months before any hope of bulbs or anything else brightening the view.

Humph!

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rats! Another Freeze

Worse weather for you guys down south than it has been for us here. Been really nice on Long Island. My roses are still blooming. Well, some of them are. And the blooms last a long time in the cooler but not cold weather. I even found a scape on one of the daylilies at the begining of the week. I snapped it off but still. Crazy daylilies.

o

For the past few days we have dipped into 20's overnight. No real snow as of yet and glad of it! Seems to go all around us with just a few flurries now and then.
I think the South will be the new North LOL.

Julia

o

OH NO< Kay: not some morefreezes coming.its been a hard freeze here every night for 2 weeks, maybe more,Its reslly staying cold here.I been sending my youngest daughter a text message at night when she gets off work and tell her to dont forget to let the faucets run a little, got another hard freeze over night. and she sends one back telling me Thank you, I will turn them on right now, last night she told me she is tired of being cold, cold , cold,

I told her well,we might have a little break next week and get rain instead of freezes, she says heck, thats no break, to trade it for rain.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here