Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samat40

Ideas for sloped backyard

samat40
18 years ago

I'm a newbie, and just bought a house in GA. It is built into a hill, think walk-out basement home on steroids. Previous owner added stone steps, but stopped with that. I figure we need to do some terracing, but I'd like to keep it somewhat natural, but make it more people friendly. At the bottom of the yard is a drainage culvert that runs on the property line between our yard and the neighbor's behind us. We will clear the brushy stuff down toward the bottom, leaving mostly established trees. The yard faces south to SW. I need ideas that have a lot of bang for their buck. The pictures are pretty explanatory... FYI --Along the left property line as you are looking up at the house, there is a drainage pipe that runs from the front yard all the way down. Also, our walk-out basement deck is actually elevated, and I don't know what to do with the space underneath. It slopes down from the foundation, so to utilize it we would need to do some sort of retaining wall. Any suggestion are appreciated! The link below will show the photos. THanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: backyard pics

Comment (1)