Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedazzle

Yellow caution tape worked great last year

dixiedazzle
15 years ago

My property is over-run by deer. They come right up to the house - I have a motion sensor front porch light & they are always triggering it. I had just about given up on anything but tomatoes. Anyway, a friend at church told me about this: Use the bright yellow caution tape (cheap at Lowe's). I bought a roll of the cheap plastic fencing & put it around my garden next to the barn & didn't even have it all the way closed off, just never got around to buying another roll to finish it. I tore off pieces of the yellow tape & tied them probably 10 feet apart all the way around. The deer were still everywhere, but not once did they bother my veggies. I also tied some randomly on my pear trees (the ones I've never harvested anything from because the deer always ate them all) & had a huge harvest. It rained at just the right time & they were larger than the ones at the grocery store.

In the past I had tried hair pinned to a wire fence all the way around, even put down wet baby diapers & it didn't faze them. Hopefully I can get away with it once again.

Sponsored